Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We will Start the contest in February to be Fair to those in the 1st months to get some shots.
The rules will be the same. (See Below) BUT the Date of the contests has changed. Last Year the 1st contest was the "A" than "AW" etc... But this year we will Hold the Owners responsible and the Order of Bikes will be determined by how many people entered the contest last year. Confused? Don't be here it is:
So last year 1 "F" model entered their months contest so they will be up 1st in Feb, than the "AW" had 3 bikes enter so They will be March, etc... so Look below for YOUR Model Month. (The Further away your Month the longer you have to get your picts ready etc..).
The SE and the CX ( I know AL but I dont want to confuse people with DX's here into thinking its Their month by just saying "X" models) will have their contests in the same month, 2 SEPARATE CONTESTS just RUN in the same Month, Same thing will happen with Worker and Custom models, they will run at the same time in Oct. but Separate Contests and Baggers and Street Rods will run at the same time in May
And remember the Worker Bikes will need to have at least 5000 miles a year on them and Speedo picts need to be sent along with the photos (not used, just proof) and the Custom Month will be under the discretion of the Moderators (IE if you missed your model month and send in a basic stock bike for the custom month it will not be entered)

Feb- VRSCF
Mar- VRSCAW
APR- VRSCX
Apr- VRSCSE
May- VRSCR
May- BAGGER
June- VRSCA
July- VRSCDX
Aug- VRSCD
Sept- VRSCB
Oct- Worker/High Mileage
Oct- VRSC Custom
Nov- Bike Of The Year.

Rules of Picts:
1) Only 2 Picts per entry & Picts must be of high quality 1024 x768 or 1280x1024 Etc, small picts are hard to see and aren’t to your advantage.
2) Picts must appear in the members Gallery
3) Pics must be the Sole Property of the Contestant. There will be a Published item at the end that people can purchase that will have all the Bikes in it, if the pict isn't yours we cannot use it)
4) If for some reason the winner of a certain month becomes Conflicted, Unreasonable or Problematic the Award will be taken and given to the 2nd place entry for that month (and if that person becomes a Pain the 3rd runner up becomes king of the month, and so on.....)
5) No people in the Photo. Any photo that has people in it will be Blurred out and if you have someone ON your bike it will NOT be used.
6) Send Picts to: [email protected] with a Short Description of the bike and what you did if you want. If its a Long List please keep it as straight forward as possible. if you want to tell a little story of where the pict was taken etc.. than be more descriptive etc..
7) A Bike can ONLY be entered 1 Time a Year so choose well what competition you want to be in, your Model of bike as deemed by its Birth certificate signed by Willie G or the Beauty Custom you have transformed it to be (Or the Work Horse it has become)
8) Minimal Photoshopping of photos is allowed, You want to make it B&W, put some grain on it screw with the colors etc.. fine, Major Overhauls of the photos will not be allowed as its a Photo Contest of Bikes and what people have done (or not done) to them, its not a Photo Contest with bikes in them.

PLEASE DO NOT Send Picts Before your Bike Month, We aren't a record Keeping Co that will go back and search when the time comes, the 1st week of every month is reserved for Nominations for that months model, Now if you will be on a Jungle Sabbatical or be in prison that month etc.. and Cannot get to the internet, make plans with someone else to send in your Pictures (and dont ask the guy going to jail with you to do it as He will be busy Too).

Please Very Important!!!!
When You Enter please include:
1)Your Real Name (not Forum Name). I will Only Use your 1st name in the contest so dont worry'
2) Where you are Located. You can Just tell me the State or you can send the city too but I need a location.
3) The Year of the bike and the Model of the bike too (especially in the contests involving multiple models.)
4) 2 Pictures only per Entry. If you send more than 2, I will have to decide the ones that get used.

There is a PDF below you can download and fill out if you want or just include the info in your email.

Attachments

·
brett
9,338 Posts
lux ,how stict is the 50 words going to be in this contest,any chance of changing it to 50 word minimum ,last year some stuck to the guide line and some went over by lots ,i couldnt even get half my custom bits out in 50 , as im sure a lot are in the same boat ,and again thankyou very much ,im not into bike shows and self glory ,but this is a contest i find really cool and worthwhile , i was kicking myself for not being able to enter last year

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lux ,how stict is the 50 words going to be in this contest,any chance of changing it to 50 word minimum ,last year some stuck to the guide line and some went over by lots ,i couldnt even get half my custom bits out in 50 , as im sure a lot are in the same boat ,and again thankyou very much ,im not into bike shows and self glory ,but this is a contest i find really cool and worthwhile , i was kicking myself for not being able to enter last year
Thats a great point especially for the Custom contest so I took the 50 word part out of the rules. Write what you want.

·
brett
9,338 Posts
hows this for an idea .somehow have a spec sheet that can be downloaded like the ones in bike and car mags,or with peoples bikes at bike sows ,im sure u know what i mean with all the info for brakes engine,and trans,wheels paint, bars, fenders ,air boxes even what sort of tires etc and at the end have addtional comment for the custom stuff not covered in the standard spec sheets,this way people get all the info they want to see and u can keep it standard and uniform for the comp,just an idea from my head.lol

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hows this for an idea .somehow have a spec sheet that can be downloaded like the ones in bike and car mags,or with peoples bikes at bike sows ,im sure u know what i mean with all the info for brakes engine,and trans,wheels paint, bars, fenders ,air boxes even what sort of tires etc and at the end have addtional comment for the custom stuff not covered in the standard spec sheets,this way people get all the info they want to see and u can keep it standard and uniform for the comp,just an idea from my head.lol

That is a good idea BUT! since I had so much trouble getting people to just send in pictures last time I want to keep the Formalities to a minimum. so I will made up a simple one. Its above.

·
brett
9,338 Posts
agh,good point,what about option to use a posted link, to one that you find acceptable if people wanted to use it ,or failing that would it be ok to submit ur own,or do we have to stick to writing it down in 5000 words or less

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
agh,good point,what about option to use a posted link, to one that you find acceptable if people wanted to use it ,or failing that would it be ok to submit ur own,or do we have to stick to writing it down in 5000 words or less
You can write as much as you like, there is no limit on that any more. Most people do get it right, I had to chase a few every month to get their Name or location etc... but I hope its clear now.
Since its done in Email Form people just attach their photos and write a blurb with their images in the letter.

·
Premium Member
10,801 Posts
Please swap the bagger with the B. I can't be done by February! Thanks, Joe

·
brett
9,338 Posts
haha ,thats why i missed AW last year ,i know nasty to a man who sent me a horn cover ,sorry joe ,lol

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bagger contest Moved to May to avoid confusion that might occur if we change stuff around too early in the year.

·
In the Shark Tank!!!
1,633 Posts
Suggestion: Previous BOM/BOY winners NOT allowed for 4 years???? :D :notworth:

·
Battle301
96 Posts
I know the rules state that you can't send pics until your bike month. But I'm going to be in Iraq In about 10 days. Is there any way I can enter now? If not I understand. But I figured I'd ask first.

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I know the rules state that you can't send pics until your bike month. But I'm going to be in Iraq In about 10 days. Is there any way I can enter now? If not I understand. But I figured I'd ask first.
Extenuating Circumstances such as these are allowed of course, please send it along.

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Suggestion: Previous BOM/BOY winners NOT allowed for 4 years???? :D :notworth:
I have gotten quite a few PM's and Emails on this subject actually and Cannot see keeping previous people Out of the contests, simply because Most the contests Had 3 people enter anyways. Yes it will suck if someone from last year enters the exact same photo and people vote for it etc... But I am hoping that doesnt happen, I hope people who enter want to win and want to do it with different picts than before and if not the people will decide if they will vote for the exact same bike and pict as before.

·
In the Shark Tank!!!
1,633 Posts
Some of us stayed out of it knowing there was not a chance when it came to a few certain people.

Like you said, I hope the VOTERS choose to have a different bike for at least one year..

Thanks

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Some of us stayed out of it knowing there was not a chance when it came to a few certain people.

Like you said, I hope the VOTERS choose to have a different bike for at least one year..

Thanks

Well I don't understand that mindset either, its not like people have to pay a entry fee etc... to enter, you send in your pictures and see what happens.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts