Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

861 - 863 of 863 Posts

·
Departed the Fix.
5,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #861
Oh-- on a completely unrelated note.

I don't get here very often anymore since I LOATHE the new forum layout.

But, I finally got around to fixing the error code that I got when I installed my Oberon levers-- I basically broke a little part inside and just jobbed it out to H-D since a) it was messy and b) wasn't all that expensive.

The combination of the Oberon adjustable levers AND the Oberon clutch slave cylinder?

OUTSTANDING. Highly, HIGHLY recommended.

And with that, the F is in (semi-) long-term storage over at a buddy's house. With the introduction of the M2C into the family, the F and the Kendon trailer had to go somewhere else (I can fit the big GS in front of my wife's Miata). I traded a buddy a spare car for half his garage. He's only 15 minutes away, so I can swap bikes easily enough-- but I'm trying to Road Trip the GS at the end of May, so it's staying in my garage for the moment.

R.

·
EJ
22 Posts
Headlight wiring all cleaned up behind the housing and beam adjusted.
Just put the same headlight on - except I went with the stainless finish. Thought it matched the forks and the brace well. Really like it. Almost as good as the stock Daymaker. The wisdom and knowledge you've shared on this site is definitely a huge value. Much appreciated!

·
Departed the Fix.
5,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #863
Just put the same headlight on - except I went with the stainless finish. Thought it matched the forks and the brace well. Really like it. Almost as good as the stock Daymaker. The wisdom and knowledge you've shared on this site is definitely a huge value. Much appreciated!
I started with the polished aluminum finish (there are pictures somewhere near the end of this thread), but it really didn't seem to suit the bike.

I ended up getting the housing powder coated satin black and I'm MUCH happier with it.

I also wired the halo so it comes on when the Aux switch is flipped-- and it stays on with both low and high beam.

Thanks for the compliment about sharing knowledge. Much appreciated.

R.

861 - 863 of 863 Posts