Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

821 - 840 of 874 Posts

·
Departed the Fix.
5,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #821
And finally, a few teaser pics with everything more or less together-- I ran out of daylight (hence the airbox panels being off), but at least you get the idea.

I'm flying for the next few days, but I'll post some better pics next week after I give the bike a bath.

Overall- I'm VERY pleased with the Altered State housing and the Eagle Gen-III halo-- but since Keith doesn't carry the Gen-III halo, you have to get the mount from him (it fits with no modification) and the light from Eagle.

R.

Attachments

·
VRSCF
1,269 Posts
The new Halo light looks great :)

Ive only just realised they do SAE to USB mounted leads now - it looks like a tidy solution.

I have been using an SAE to USB adapter dongle for a few years. I only use my phone as nav on the bike a few times per year, so carry the dongle when needed. My SAE lead exits at the neck behind the headlight anyway so its easy enough to get a lead from the bars to it for occasional use.

·
Registered
136 Posts
And finally, a few teaser pics with everything more or less together-- I ran out of daylight (hence the airbox panels being off), but at least you get the idea.

I'm flying for the next few days, but I'll post some better pics next week after I give the bike a bath.

Overall- I'm VERY pleased with the Altered State housing and the Eagle Gen-III halo-- but since Keith doesn't carry the Gen-III halo, you have to get the mount from him (it fits with no modification) and the light from Eagle.

R.
Looks great!

Mine should be in next week.

·
Departed the Fix.
5,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #825
Oh-- and on a completely unrelated note.

I went to take my "sort-of" easy-on/easy-off saddlebags off of the bike yesterday as I had put them on when my buddy borrowed the bike.

It turned out that somehow, I (or my buddy?) had dug two pretty deep holes into the clearbra that I'd put on the tail. No problem-- that's what it's there for, right? It protected the paint, so yay, me.

But, I have to remove it now that it's all garbaged up, and I foolishly thought it wouldn't be that hard.

It's a MUDDER FUDDER to remove! WTF is this 3M stuff made out of? I finally got most of the film peeled, but now I have a layer of adhesive on the ENTIRE rear tail. Which, I found out, the only way to get off without ruining the paint is WD-40..... and a LOT of elbow grease.

And since the clearbra is under the tail rack, I have to remove the entire tail to remove the rack to get the rest of the film off.

Ugh. This is going to be a six hour project easy. I have a brand-new (undrilled) tail in the basement-- you can tell what I'm thinking.

Rant: Off.

·
VRSC est -03
2,628 Posts
It's a MUDDER FUDDER to remove! WTF is this 3M stuff made out of? I finally got most of the film peeled, but now I have a layer of adhesive on the ENTIRE rear tail. Which, I found out, the only way to get off without ruining the paint is WD-40..... and a LOT of elbow grease.
Check out (Payback) Citrus degreaser. Do wonders. Let it soak in. Remove.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SCHAEFFERS-CITROL-MULTI-PURPOSE-DEGREASER/121397690672?epid=1800538442&hash=item1c43ddc130:g:xTgAAOSwnH1Wbe~7

http://www.payback.se/produkter/kemikalier/

·
Departed the Fix.
5,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #827
That's some spendy stuff! I just got a large can of WD-40 for $5 and change yesterday; it seems to work pretty well-- spray on cloth, lay cloth over adhesive and let soak, scrape off the now pliable goo.

Time consuming, but at least it's not eating up the clear coat.

R.

·
Departed the Fix.
5,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #828
The Final List.....

2012 Harley-Davidson Vivid Black VRSCF Muscle

Body & Trim
- Airbox sound deadening pad: 3M (underside of outer airbox cover)
- Belt guard: Tiger Racing 240, upper & lower (pc’d satin black)
- Blind spot mirrors: K-Source, 2” convex
- Clutch & brake foot controls: H-D VRSC (pc’d gloss black)
- Clutch & brake hand levers: satin black H-D VRSC
- Coolant hose cover: H-D VRSC extended length (pc’d gloss black)
- Document holder: H-D VRSC
- Footpeg bolts: stainless steel w/ nyloc nuts
- Footpegs (rider & passenger): gloss black RSD Moto, 45°
- Fork badges: Bicep Designs, “VRSCF”
- Front axle covers: Bicep Designs
- Front fender extender: Pyramid
- Front pulley cover: H-D VRSCR (pc’d gloss black)
- Front (amber) side reflectors: removed
- Gas cap: Stant 10501 (locking)
- Hand grips: gloss black Avon Custom Contour
- Handlebar riser: Budman (approx. 0.6” rise & 2.6” pullback) w/ aluminum wire cover
- Headlamp mount: Altered State Design (pc’d satin black)
- Headlight visor: Vivid Black H-D VRSCDX
- Horn cover: gloss black Kuryakyn V-Shield
- License plate: Colorado, “VRSCF”
- License plate backing plate: J&P Cycles (pc’d gloss black)
- License plate frame: satin black Radiantz LED w/ H-D wiring connectors
- License plate tail tidy: fabricated from H-D VRSCF international bracket & assembly
- Luggage rack: H-D VRSCF
- Oil dipstick: Trask
- Passenger footpeg supports: H-D VRSCAW (pc’d gloss black)
- Passenger footpeg supports (VRSCF): replaced w/ fabricated spacers (pc’d satin black)
- Radiator intake armor: Bicep Designs
- Rear axle covers: Bicep Designs
- Rear (red) side reflectors: removed
- Seat: BSC, embossed leather custom Wifebeater w/ rider & pillion nitro-gel inserts
- Seat hinge: BSC, fore-aft articulated (pc’d satin black)
- Shift peg: gloss black Speed Dealer Customs
- Swingarm pivot covers: Superchicken
- Turn signal extension caps: H-D VRSC
- Valve stem caps: black hexagonal aluminum w/ yellow radiation symbol inserts

Mechanical & Performance
- Air filter: Amsoil high-flow nanofilter (EaAM43701)
- Backing plate material (hydroscopic): Outerwears
- ECM reprogrammer: TTS MasterTune
- Exhaust baffles: TAB Performance, 1.75”
- Exhaust header & pipe coating: Cerakote V-171 Ceramic Turbine Coat
- Exhaust packing: Helix Racing, high-density
- Exhaust pipes: TAB Performance, “no logo” slip-on
- Exhaust shield & lower airbox heat barrier: DEI Reflect-a-Cool
- Lower airbox: modified w/ H-D SE Stage II cutouts & IAT sensor relocation
- Oil drain plug: Dimple magnetic
- Oil: Amsoil 20W-50 synthetic (4.97 quarts)
- Oil filter: Amsoil nanofilter (EaOM136C)
- Shift linkage: satin black Ghostrider Customs, hexagonal
- Side grill backing plates: modified to allow unrestricted airflow
- Spark plugs: H-D Gold (10R12AG)
- Throttle sleeve insert: San Diego Customs, ¾ turn aluminum
- Tuning: dyno tune & custom fuel map by Randy’s SpeedWrench of Denver, CO
- Upper (inner) airbox cover: removed

Tires, Brakes & Suspension
- Brake & clutch fluid: ATE Type 200
- Brake pads: Lyndall Racing Gold-Plus (7254)
- Fork cartridges: Traxxion Dynamics Axxion AK-20
- Front tire: Metzeler ME880 Marathon, 120/70/19
- Rear tire: Metzeler ME880 Marathon XXL, 260/40/18
- Shocks: Race Tech G3-S, custom dual-IFP w/ adjustable rebound dampening

Lighting & Electrical
- Battery: Antigravity ATX12-20 lithium ion phosphate (660 cca LiFePO4)
- Battery charger & maintainer: Optimate TM-471
- Battery charging cable: Optimate SAE
- Cell phone charging cable (waterproof): USB to SAE
- Garage door opener: Mo-Door, 6”
- Gauges: Bluegauges.com, blue backlight w/ red needles
- Hand grip warmers: Heat Demons internal 1” w/ black led control perch
- Headlamp: Eagle Lights 5 ¾” Gen-III LED w/ halo & black reflector
- Headlamp wiring harness: H-D H9/H11 to H4
- Horn: Fiamm 130dB Freeway Blaster, low-tone trumpet
- Security system: H-D Smart Siren II (~100 mA draw)

Luggage & Touring
- Bike Cover (indoor): H-D VRSCSE CVO
- Cell phone mount: Mob Armor Claw Mount (Small)
- Compass: Mini 2
- Footpegs: gloss black RSD Moto, 45° w/ stock VRSCF brackets (used w/ saddlebags)
- Lower windshield mounts: fabricated brackets & extensions (pc’d satin black)
- Saddlebags: H-D VRSCF w/ “quick-installation/removal” modification
- Storage pods (2): Timbuk2
- Upper windshield mounts: Budman custom fabricated 3.25” post extenders
- Windshield: H-D VRSCF Compact Mid-Sport

·
Departed the Fix.
5,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #830
Hello flybigjet !!

Good to see you're still around...............
Not much. Been sick as a dog since Thanksgiving. And flying. And finishing basement. Which means "no bikes" since there's a Big Steel Box in the driveway for storage which blocks bike access from the garage.

But, Merry Merry and Happy Happy.

R.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I’ve seen that light/housing before while browsing the internet. It looks great on your bike!! Could you take a picture of what the light looks like from the side? I had the original DX fairing on my bike before I changed all of my body parts to carbon fiber. The DX fairing didn’t quite match the lines of the muscle, but it did well in hiding everything including the speedometer when I had the clip-on bars installed. I have gone back to my stock bars and light and I’m not sure if I can stick with it. Open to suggestions...

·
Departed the Fix.
5,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #832
I’ve seen that light/housing before while browsing the internet. It looks great on your bike!! Could you take a picture of what the light looks like from the side? I had the original DX fairing on my bike before I changed all of my body parts to carbon fiber. The DX fairing didn’t quite match the lines of the muscle, but it did well in hiding everything including the speedometer when I had the clip-on bars installed. I have gone back to my stock bars and light and I’m not sure if I can stick with it. Open to suggestions...
I'll see what I can do in the next several days. Juuuuusssst starting to feel better and have been flying to make up the time. The next few days are blocked for "The Great Move Stuff Back Into The Basement At The Wife's Direction" carnage show.

I'm doomed.

R.

·
Departed the Fix.
5,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #833
Sorry for going radio silent; RL's been..... interesting and I haven't touched the bike in months.

I'll try to take headlight pics and pics (with instructions) of how to convert F bags to "semi-easy-on/easy-off" when I'm home for more than a few hours and it isn't a blizzard outside.

R.

·
VRSCF
1,269 Posts
:)

I thought you already had Oberon levers ? Ive had those fitted since I bought the bike early 2012, OE levers are just too much of a stretch for my hands

·
Departed the Fix.
5,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #836
:)

I thought you already had Oberon levers ? Ive had those fitted since I bought the bike early 2012, OE levers are just too much of a stretch for my hands
Nope-- never got around to ordering. But, since I'm starting to wake the bike up from it's winter nap, I figured what the hell.

As well, the GS is going on a road trip in a few weeks-- Denver to LA to San Francisco to Portland to (near) Seattle. I'll leave it up at my dad's house and then fly home until I get around to flying up to pick it up in June. So, the F will be my primary bike around town for at least a month.

Or two.

R.

·
Departed the Fix.
5,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #840
Please post back how the slave is debating ordering it.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
It might be a while. GS is the primary effort at the moment. Need to get it trimmed up since I'm going to do a huge loop (CO-UT-ID-OR-WA-OR-CA-CA-AZ-CO) with it in a few weeks--and I only have a few days to work on it.

R.

821 - 840 of 874 Posts