Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

21 - 40 of 874 Posts

·
Good Muthafarka
11,223 Posts
not sure tony i may have a spare locking gas cap if u need one ,but i wont be able to get into the box with it in for a month or so ,
They any good ? If u reckon they are worth it send me a PM when ur organized and we work out nitty gritty. Cheers.

·
FFFWD
765 Posts
Hell of a list! You're bike is gonna be freakin' awesome! :thumb:

Coincidence... or perhaps you borrowed a page out of the Bicep Designs playbook when it came to suspension? I'd like to do the Traxxon Dynamics AK-20 fork cartridges too but I think I'll be doing something other than Bitubos in the rear only 'cause I don't think the nitrogen tank will fit in the shock well of the H-D saddlebags.

Also, did you change your mind about the RRC visor in favor of the DX headlight bracket? Perhaps to make the transition to windshield a little easier? Or just a style thing?

·
Registered Idiot
5,461 Posts
Nice of the wife to let you have a "mistress" still, that list looks like you are totally "F'd" Yeah I know terrible pun

BTW if run into more stray R parts......:D

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Hey Fly ..... did you get your Tiger belt guard from there web site , which is "1st to the finish line.com" ..... have sent them an email to see if sent to Australia

·
Departed the Fix.
5,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Hey Fly ..... did you get your Tiger belt guard from there web site , which is "1st to the finish line.com" ..... have sent them an email to see if sent to Australia
Yup-- just make sure you get the 240 one.

R.

·
Departed the Fix.
5,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
:D
Hell of a list! You're bike is gonna be freakin' awesome! :thumb:

Coincidence... or perhaps you borrowed a page out of the Bicep Designs playbook when it came to suspension? I'd like to do the Traxxon Dynamics AK-20 fork cartridges too but I think I'll be doing something other than Bitubos in the rear only 'cause I don't think the nitrogen tank will fit in the shock well of the H-D saddlebags.

Also, did you change your mind about the RRC visor in favor of the DX headlight bracket? Perhaps to make the transition to windshield a little easier? Or just a style thing?
Definitely copying Bicep on the suspension-- I looked at a couple other options (Ohlins, Penske and a few others), but I keep coming back to that setup. I'm trying to decide if I want to get the compression/rebound controls on the fork-- I think they'll fit with Budman's riser, but I have to do some measuring to be sure about that. I have an email somewhre from Bicep about it that I have to dig out regarding the clearances necessesary.

i did read somewhere that the Bitubo's would fit the saddlebags if you flipped them like Bicep has them-- but I don't remember where I saw it-- might be worth digging around for. If I come across it, I'll let you know.

As far as the RRC visor, I still lust over it. BUT, since I have Budman's riser, it won't work-- there would be too much gap between the top of the cowel and the instrument cluster and I think it would look rather strange-- especially since it's unfinished inside. Since the pullback riser is mandatory (fused spine, yadda yadda), I had to go to Plan B. Which is the bracket/visor on the 2013 DX (not the cowel, regrettably-- I don't think that will fit without some sanding and blasting and changing headlights).

Oh, as far as inspiration on a few things on the list? Look in your garage-- I pored over your pics for a fair while! :D

R.

·
Departed the Fix.
5,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Looks great! Amazing job!
It's more like "the pile of parts and boxes" look amazing.

I need to get some time off to get things to the anodizer and powdercoater. Then I can start really tearing into my new toy.

I'm only home 2-3 days a month lately, and I haven't wanted to take the bike apart since I have been riding it on my few days off.

Grr.

R.

·
Registered
574 Posts
It's more like "the pile of parts and boxes" look amazing.

I need to get some time off to get things to the anodizer and powdercoater. Then I can start really tearing into my new toy.

I'm only home 2-3 days a month lately, and I haven't wanted to take the bike apart since I have been riding it on my few days off.

Grr.

R.
You really love Vrod! I am sure your bike will be more powerful and nicer than you could imagine it in the future!

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
hey Fly , just want to double check iF that Tiger belt guard Fits the muscle ..... ?????

Have you Fitted yours yet , just confusion wether or not F same as other Vrods For mounting belt guards ( confusion over Rizoma one )

·
Departed the Fix.
5,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
hey Fly , just want to double check iF that Tiger belt guard Fits the muscle ..... ?????

Have you Fitted yours yet , just confusion wether or not F same as other Vrods For mounting belt guards ( confusion over Rizoma one )
I'm operating on faith since it should fit any 240, but I'll double check it tomorrow or Friday for you.

R.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
you my Friend are a true gentleman :)

·
Good Muthafarka
11,223 Posts
Mine needs to go to powdercoat, so here's a pic from their site.

The license plate attached to the swingarm is NOT part of the belt guard-- it just looks like it is in the pic.

R.
Looks ok....bit too open for me.......but :notworth: either way !

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
the Rizoma one is more open i think , but thats the way i leaning at the moment

·
Good Muthafarka
11,223 Posts
Hey Flybie, when you get a chance can u confirm the measurement of the radiantz license plate holder plz.......website says 6in !! its a bit small for us Aussies !!!!

I need at least 7in !!!! No pun intended !!!!

Thanx !!!!!!!

·
Departed the Fix.
5,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Hey Flybie, when you get a chance can u confirm the measurement of the radiantz license plate holder plz.......website says 6in !! its a bit small for us Aussies !!!!

I need at least 7in !!!! No pun intended !!!!

Thanx !!!!!!!
The Radiantz plate trim with LED's will fit a 4" x 7" plate but no larger.

R.

21 - 40 of 874 Posts