Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
I am VERY dissappointed in the DynoJet tune for my 07 VRSCX.
I had a local dealer put on the Vance & Hines 2 into 1 Outlaw pipe,a Power Commander 3 and the race air box and while the bike will fly at times,to me its very inconsistent.Waaaayyyy to much ripping and snorting out the pipe while riding and when letting off the backfies are a sign of mistune to me.

Stock Pipes and tune made 105.09hp and 74.09tq while the addition of all the new power parts only netted me a little bit of gain at 111.58hp and 75.11tq.At a cost of over 1600 installed I am NOT a happy camper with only picking up 6hp and 1ft lb of tq.The dealership told me I should be happy as ANY V-Rod they add pipes too looses power and mine was the first they had that gained.

I think I need some dyno time with someone who knows a bit about these as this bike should fly with the additions.Any ideas would be a great help gang.....Andy

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I am VERY dissappointed in the DynoJet tune for my 07 VRSCX.
I had a local dealer put on the Vance & Hines 2 into 1 Outlaw pipe,a Power Commander 3 and the race air box and while the bike will fly at times,to me its very inconsistent.Waaaayyyy to much ripping and snorting out the pipe while riding and when letting off the backfies are a sign of mistune to me.

Stock Pipes and tune made 105.09hp and 74.09tq while the addition of all the new power parts only netted me a little bit of gain at 111.58hp and 75.11tq.At a cost of over 1600 installed I am NOT a happy camper with only picking up 6hp and 1ft lb of tq.The dealership told me I should be happy as ANY V-Rod they add pipes too looses power and mine was the first they had that gained.

I think I need some dyno time with someone who knows a bit about these as this bike should fly with the additions.Any ideas would be a great help gang.....Andy
Andy,
I am originally from your neck of the woods....North/East of Scranton, Pa. Find a link attached, Jim is as independent as they get and he will get you tuned. He is a very and I mean VERY busy man but if you want it right, take the time to get in touch with him and get your bike to him. Expect to spend at least a half day and I would bet most of the day with him, but I would not expect to hear any complaints when done.

http://www.dynotechresearch.com/

·
Registered
296 Posts
Andy,
I am originally from your neck of the woods....North/East of Scranton, Pa. Find a link attached, Jim is as independent as they get and he will get you tuned. He is a very and I mean VERY busy man but if you want it right, take the time to get in touch with him and get your bike to him. Expect to spend at least a half day and I would bet most of the day with him, but I would not expect to hear any complaints when done.
I called him up there and had a very nice chat with him and he does seem to be the one to help with how unsettled the bike is at times during riding time.However,he is SWAMPED and not taking any work on at all for at least the next two months as he is busy tuning snowmobiles right now for the upcoming season.I was informed by him that it would be late in October or early November before he could even get to helping me at all.To say I was disappointed is a understatement.I guess for now I will take his advice and mark where the throttle is unhappy,plug in and do some minor tweaks and see if we make any progress.

One thing we chatted about was the overall gain in power which I got from the work.He told me I was on the high end and he has seen some that actually made less with the same mods.I don't know,I guess I am confused here but for the amount spent one would have thought that a mere 20hp/10ft lbs of tq would have possible.

One thing is for sure,I have a lot to learn with this ride.......Andy

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I called him up there and had a very nice chat with him and he does seem to be the one to help with how unsettled the bike is at times during riding time.However,he is SWAMPED and not taking any work on at all for at least the next two months as he is busy tuning snowmobiles right now for the upcoming season.I was informed by him that it would be late in October or early November before he could even get to helping me at all.To say I was disappointed is a understatement.I guess for now I will take his advice and mark where the throttle is unhappy,plug in and do some minor tweaks and see if we make any progress.

One thing we chatted about was the overall gain in power which I got from the work.He told me I was on the high end and he has seen some that actually made less with the same mods.I don't know,I guess I am confused here but for the amount spent one would have thought that a mere 20hp/10ft lbs of tq would have possible.

One thing is for sure,I have a lot to learn with this ride.......Andy
Roger the busy part....I had my sled dropped to him last year when the PC V came out for sleds and it was there for almost 2 months waiting for it's turn. When I got the sled deliveried to me in Decemeber all I can say is HOLY BATMAN. I was very glad I had spent the money/time to have him tune it before shipping it 5000 miles. We spent time on the phone while he was tuning my ride plus I watched real time on the web cam.

If you can wait and maybe ride/trailer it up there you will not be disappointed.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts