Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally my Joker Machine pipe has arrived.
I've only got as far as taking it out of the box, won't have time to fit it till Friday afternoon.
All I can confirm at this stage is that this item is beautifully made, the bends are perfect, the quality of the material used is on a par with the original HD pipe & the welding is far superior. :thumb:
I was surprised to find that the headers are a one piece item, both are welded into the 2 into 1 collector so the only joint is where the muffler fits to the collector. Hope they got the angles spot on or it's gonna be a bugger to fit.
Anyway, the proof of the pudding is in the eating, I'll give it a good thrashing on Friday & report back. I should be able to get it on the dyno in about 10 days or so.
Watch this space....... :hyper:

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
african paul said:
Yeah, I'm chuffed.
It had better be good though, including import duty, taxes & shipping it set me back $876.60!!! :(
Dam did you get a Blow Job with That? :broke: :alien: :banghead: Put Those Pretty Bitches on and Let us Know how GREAT they Are! :rolleyes: At least Take a pic of them Mounted on the Bike"Before,TT/After JM" thats 1 hour Tops to switch them out.Inless Your SCARED! :twisted:

·
Making the UK Fatter
2,606 Posts
:rofl2:
african paul said:
Yeah, I'm chuffed.
It had better be good though, including import duty, taxes & shipping it set me back $876.60!!! :(
Is that $$ or ££'s ?? At least Mr Blair makes good use of your taxes :broke: :rofl2:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Paul

Sounds good

Let us know what you think of ground clearance for UK roads.

Will you be changing your current engine management set up?

Iam still torn between the joker and the D&D. :thumb:

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Stevie D said:
Paul

Sounds good

Let us know what you think of ground clearance for UK roads.

Will you be changing your current engine management set up?

Iam still torn between the joker and the D&D. :thumb:
Yeah, Iwill run it on the TT map for a few days till I can get her on the dyno & then develop a new map for the JM. :thumb:

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
mr_vrodder said:
:rofl2:

Is that $$ or ££'s ?? At least Mr Blair makes good use of your taxes :broke: :rofl2:
Right, that's $, Blair is using the money to train torturers for Iraq. :rofl2:

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Super Kaz said:
Dam did you get a Blow Job with That? :broke: :alien: :banghead: Put Those Pretty Bitches on and Let us Know how GREAT they Are! :rolleyes: At least Take a pic of them Mounted on the Bike"Before,TT/After JM" thats 1 hour Tops to switch them out.Inless Your SCARED! :twisted:
Me scared? Naaaah.

Here's some interesting pic's though, you'll luv 'em Kaz. :diablo:
This is the TT after around 3000 miles HARD use in all weathers (& I mean hard & all).

All you hardcore daily riders out there take heed.

Note the gas escaping at all points, this gives a really bang/pop overun.
Also there are corrosion issues as can be plainly seen. The marks appearing on the headers I can only assume are coming from behind the jet-hot coating.

Don't anyone get me wrong anyone (you big girl's blouses out there especially), I aint bitchin'.
For it's purpose (drag racing) this is a serious pipe.
Smooth torque delivery, excellent under accelleration, sounds superb, what more can I say? :surrender
I'll keep this pipe 'till I get a cam with long duration & lots of overlap & then it will do what it's designed to do.

On this subject, I've been talking to Zippers whose products I have used over the years.
They assure me that some of their customers are getting as much as 100 plus ft/lbs & mid to high 120' s hp.
This is using their race cam, bored out throttle bodies, port grind, big valve kit & force pipe.

Isn't it amazing the % power increases which can be gained from a bit of tuning? :stilpoke:

Finally, regarding the blow job.
I got the TT pipe from John in Pheonix, so the answer is definitely no!

What he did give me was good service, a good deal & a good pipe.

Anyways tomorrow is Joker day, being a Merry Prankster, that makes me happy. :).

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,777 Posts
Paul, There is something more to that discoloration than just the pipes; yes you do get a little bit of gas escape at the points noted, but that is easily wiped off. As for the bang popping, it just needs to be tuned properly. The only popping I get is during throttle deceleration (no different than I got with my 16ga). The discoloration looks like it is from road grime or non-care. Looking at one of the photos, your clutch cover is discolored also.... 3,000 miles.... mine have been on as long and I ride in stop and go traffic which heats them up a lot when your sitting still and they still look like new.

http://www.v-rodforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=8586

I am not trying to start any argument but there is more to the discoration issue that the quality of the pipe......

And yes, with a mega-cycle cam from ChopperSteve at v-mod and a RT I am getting 122hp and 84lbs of torque.

·
FASTESTSTKBLTDRV
1,267 Posts
african paul said:
Me scared? Naaaah.

Here's some interesting pic's though, you'll luv 'em Kaz. :diablo:
This is the TT after around 3000 miles HARD use in all weathers (& I mean hard & all).

All you hardcore daily riders out there take heed.

Note the gas escaping at all points, this gives a really bang/pop overun.
Also there are corrosion issues as can be plainly seen. The marks appearing on the headers I can only assume are coming from behind the jet-hot coating.

Don't anyone get me wrong anyone (you big girl's blouses out there especially), I aint bitchin'.
For it's purpose (drag racing) this is a serious pipe.
Smooth torque delivery, excellent under accelleration, sounds superb, what more can I say? :surrender
I'll keep this pipe 'till I get a cam with long duration & lots of overlap & then it will do what it's designed to do.

On this subject, I've been talking to Zippers whose products I have used over the years.
They assure me that some of their customers are getting as much as 100 plus ft/lbs & mid to high 120' s hp.
This is using their race cam, bored out throttle bodies, port grind, big valve kit & force pipe.

Isn't it amazing the % power increases which can be gained from a bit of tuning? :stilpoke:

Finally, regarding the blow job.
I got the TT pipe from John in Pheonix, so the answer is definitely no!

What he did give me was good service, a good deal & a good pipe.

Anyways tomorrow is Joker day, being a Merry Prankster, that makes me happy. :).
HOW COME ZIPPERS ADVERTISES THAT RACE CAM AS RACE USE ONLY?
I HAVE THIER RACE HEADS WITH OVER SIZED VALVES BORED THROTLE
BODY, BIG BORE AND WEB CAMS,D AND D PIPE. WILL BE DYNOED SAT. I'LL POST RESULTS.

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Rick Nielson said:
HOW COME ZIPPERS ADVERTISES THAT RACE CAM AS RACE USE ONLY?
I HAVE THIER RACE HEADS WITH OVER SIZED VALVES BORED THROTLE
BODY, BIG BORE AND WEB CAMS,D AND D PIPE. WILL BE DYNOED SAT. I'LL POST RESULTS.
SHOW OFF! :hidesbeh: :surrender ;)

·
just a ghost now
2,719 Posts
Looks like horses in Paul's stable get ridden hard, and put up wet.....

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I am not trying to start any argument but there is more to the discoration issue that the quality of the pipe......

Yes there is Brent, it's called 'English weather'.

·
Premium Member
1,777 Posts
Damn Paul, if weather like that is causing it, you must be riding in acid rain all the time.....wow, I think I would start looking to have my bike clearcoated (100%)...... You must get stuck wearing rain gear 99% of the time..... Good luck, Im glad I dont have that kind of weather in FL .....

·
Twisted!!!!!!!
1,471 Posts
I am so very glad.

If I were too self centered I'd not comment on the JM but these seem so good to me I think a lot of people should just go ahead and try. I was skeptical too but just did it. I thought I'd be dissapointed and was not. Let's see what happens, keep it as objective as we can given our human status.

You will get discoloration with any pipe in the world, including the Joker Machine. I get zero popping. Have some spots dissapear with Mother's. The discoloration on mine is not patchy at all on the headers, it's a product of heat distribution, of course it will first and most notably discolor at the bends, like any other exhaust. I too think that whatever much cleaning and Mothers you use it will not improve the discoloration on Paul gets on the front header downtube if coming from under the Jet Coat. Hope that is an isolated case. True, the welds seem so perfect on the JM. No run off rust at welds. Fit was perfect, I was there for the header install. We need even more people trying out the JM.

I see Paul rides his bike much. Cleans it once a week, Jesus, once a week? Where do you get all that time? Mine's going on to week 3 as we write. Just a little wipe here and there. Looks great though. A cute bike? No. That's for cute and pretty guys :kiss: . If you have to make a project of riding it takes away the fun factor for me, say this because a lot of people do clean and polish whenever they go out, that behavior will mask things pretty well. Good care good results, the more the better, things will show at different times for different people because of this. I can tell you if something is a POS in like a month. It may be years for others. Depends on many things.

Get it dynoed, you'll notice the power :lick: . Maybe not as much as the TT even if I hope for better. Map for the TT should work, do a dyno run with it if you can and are so inclined. The "better pipe" will be the one that fulfils most of your needs.

Brent. Awesome, beautiful motorcycle. Been admiring it for long, think the TT being long and low looks great for your other mods (saddlebags, widshield). Would look good with JM's too :2cents: . There it goes, I'm "a little" biased :sinister: .

·
Premium Member
1,777 Posts
I think we are all biased in some fashion or another towards mods we have done to our bikes. Some that I have done I can say I would prefer not having (i.e. saddle bags, windshield) but for the riding I do they come in to handy not to have them. As for other mods I believe it is pure taste in what one is looking for in how they want there bike to look..... my new American Custom skinz I can blame on Jimaroo (all your fault Jim....hehehe); sitting around one of the bikeshows I admired his too long and decided I needed a set. The funny thing is from a performance perspective, the mods I have done are just for me...I didnt do them to race... just like the power.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts