Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever used this polish for there vrod. Was recommend by the Harley davidson in Springfield mo. Went in and asked for a polish that will remove corrosion off aluminum.

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
I'm a huge fan of Nevr-Dull for the smaller aluminum bits such as controls & swing arm, but go with Mother's billet polish with the powerball mini when it comes time for the wheels.
After polishing the wheels I "wax" them with PigSnot. works out great, even when I stay at the ocean for a week with bike parked outside with the salt air and hard water irrigation systems.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have corrosion around the bolts on the clutch cover and randomly on the wheels so I hope this works. I used the mothers polish but didn't even remove any corrosion. Just bought this 2004 vrod and would like to clean it up.

·
Premium Member
895 Posts
You may have to use jewelers rouge polishing and some soft/semi rigid polishing wheels. Thats what I use. Use brown to "cut" with IF NEEDED and green to polish/shine it up. Takes time but I have to do that sometimes on the wheels when it is washed and they dont dry it right away w/the hard water here.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
got in the polish yesterday. spent about 2 hours polishing the bike. This polish works very well. it didnt get all the corrosion off but removed some. Going to keep polish to try to remove the small amounts of corrosion left.

·
Registered
821 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts