Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, now that the TAB thread has gotten out of control, it's time to admit the facts. The Harley VROD Muscle is the nicest looking stock bike that Harley makes. Granted it could use a few improvements, but there's no doubt they did a damn good job here.

I love my 2003 Anniversary, but I am determined to find and buy a new Muscle in Denim Black as soon as possible.. and I won't feel bad modifying the crap out of it while I leave my 2003 mostly stock.

Who's with me? :hidesbeh:

·
Registered
384 Posts
Me but I am biased...and yes a "few" changes are needed..

·
Registered
422 Posts
Can't agree. I'll take my DX over the Muscle when it comes to appearance. My a$$hole looks better than that rear end on the Muscle. Then again...I'm not a big fan of the DX rear fender either.

·
myvrodrocks
6,021 Posts
Can't agree. I'll take my DX over the Muscle when it comes to appearance. My a$$hole looks better than that rear end on the Muscle. Then again...I'm not a big fan of the DX rear fender either.
Agree 99% Never seen your asshole so I can't compare. DX is and always will be the best out of the box bike....EVER!

·
Registered
600 Posts
If you can afford to buy maintain, and insure two bikes then go for it. Screw what anybody else thinks. Personally I would make the F what it was ment to be, a bagger.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I hear you guys, I'm just saying there's nothing like a Muscle on the market -- Harley did well, I figure if I tell you guys this enough times I'll brainwash you to believe it ;-)

·
Powdercoat Maniac
1,018 Posts
Okay, now that the TAB thread has gotten out of control, it's time to admit the facts. The Harley VROD Muscle is the nicest looking stock bike that Harley makes. Granted it could use a few improvements, but there's no doubt they did a damn good job here.

I love my 2003 Anniversary, but I am determined to find and buy a new Muscle in Denim Black as soon as possible.. and I won't feel bad modifying the crap out of it while I leave my 2003 mostly stock.

Who's with me? :hidesbeh:
Sound'S good to me

·
day dreaming...
1,795 Posts
In the same boat here... only I already mod my 03A :) have been drooling over the Muscle every time I go to the dealer (gawd thats sound so gay). its still need to be lowered and 260 tire, then its good to go!

I prefer gloss black. Denim is cool but personally I don't think the trend won't last long. and the silver engine makes it looks unfinished, but hey, do what you gotta go, BUY BUY BUY!

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
i love the denim black muscle with the silver engine covers...very nicely done!

personally, i want to keep my beautiful 'a' model (anodized and cleaned up to just have three shades of "silver", the painted engine and frame, the anodized aluminum skins, and chrome elsewhere) and make a touring muscle with bags and a shield to take around the country...with ABS of course :)

·
Registered
291 Posts
Lovin' mine...

I saw the Muscle for the first time two months ago when I first started researching new bike options. I went to the local dealership to see it in person. I thought it was the best looking bike on the floor, and love the styling all around (including the rear fender)... so much that I bought one.

To each their own!

·
V's and Z's
4,093 Posts
Is that passenger seat as usesless as it looks?

·
Registered
672 Posts
i myself liked the muscle from the first time i seen them. i had a 2006 d which was my first bike that i traded in on a 2010 vivid blk muscle. so far i really like the muscle the only down side is there r very few aftermarket parts for it. with my old bike there were tons of aftermarket parts.

·
Premium Member
1,302 Posts
Is that passenger seat as usesless as it looks?
Are you serious? All models have awful pillions. The DX pillion does not flow at all! The AW has to be the best looking.

·
Premium Member
1,302 Posts
Furthermore, I roll a DX but I tossed and turned all night thinking about which one I should get. I chose the DX but thats not to say I don't like the Muscle. And yes, the DX fender is pretty ugly!

1 - 20 of 48 Posts