Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking at which bike and it did not take long to pick harley and about 5 minutes on there site to pick the vrod.

I have one concern, I am a big guy 6'5 475 pounds though loosing alot of weight. I am concern about the tank being under the seat and the thing about the seat having a latch and such. Is there any chance I would break the latch or hing???????

·
Premium Member
3,516 Posts
Man you are a big guy, in the older bikes pre 06 with the locking seat latch I think you would be ok, as it is pretty much a pin that goes into the latch. No real mechanism to be broken in my opinion. I am pretty sure the newer bikes are the same setup just without the lock, someone can verify. The seat pan is plastic of some sort, that may be a concern. Sorry could not give a more definite answer.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Well crap, there goes my title as the worlds biggest V rodder!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Your have it for a few more months. I have to save save and save some more to pull it off. Trying to do cash to save and keep from a payment. SO your be good till abotu feb. I know for sure I am going with the vrod and want the matte black but with the 2011 cheaper I might go gloss black.

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
the seat hinge only bears weight when it's open. Once closed 100% of the weight is on the frame. So unless you try sitting on the seat when it's open there won't be an issue.
You may want to upgrade the stock shocks to Progressive 440 HD though

·
Premium Member
6,248 Posts
... I know for sure I am going with the vrod and want the matte black but with the 2011 cheaper I might go gloss black.
From this and your other thread you seem to think that there isn’t a 2011 matte black VRSCDX but you can get a 2011 in black denim / black racing stripe w/ghost flames. Black denim is essentially matte if you can live with the racing stripe and ghost flames.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No denim with a black stripe and ghose flames sound hot, black with orange would suck. Any pics of the 2011 with ghost flames?
From this and your other thread you seem to think that there isn’t a 2011 matte black VRSCDX but you can get a 2011 in black denim / black racing stripe w/ghost flames. Black denim is essentially matte if you can live with the racing stripe and ghost flames.

·
Premium Member
6,248 Posts
No denim with a black stripe and ghose flames sound hot, black with orange would suck. Any pics of the 2011 with ghost flames?
If you go the HD website you can pick this color and view it there. I’m not sure why it’s called black denim / black stripe since the stripe looks orange. I attached a screen captured image.

Muscle black color is glossy.

Attachments

·
Buy American!
3,960 Posts
Your have it for a few more months. I have to save save and save some more to pull it off. Trying to do cash to save and keep from a payment. SO your be good till abotu feb...
:cook Eat, James, Eat!!! :cook

·
Registered
600 Posts
If you go the HD website you can pick this color and view it there. I’m not sure why it’s called black denim / black stripe since the stripe looks orange. I attached a screen captured image.

So i'm not the only one that noticed the orange strip. I think some programer picked the wrong photo.

·
boredom kills
2,310 Posts
You should go sit on the bike at a dealership and see how it feels. If I was your size I might consider the V-Max, or Triumph Rocket III or one of the touring bikes like a 103 or 110 street glide.

You need to consider if the bike can handle both you and a passenger.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I did a few weeks ago and it felt good expect the Fake tank was alittle to close to my "stuff" for my likeing but I am sure I will have that issue with most bikes
You should go sit on the bike at a dealership and see how it feels. If I was your size I might consider the V-Max, or Triumph Rocket III or one of the touring bikes like a 103 or 110 street glide.

You need to consider if the bike can handle both you and a passenger.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

I guess for 3k I can deal with the gloss black

·
Blowin' Smoke
2,647 Posts
You'll want to upgrade the suspension for sure, HD is still producing these bikes with crap suspension. And foot pegs. And...

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
suspension, pegs, mirrors, grips, exhaust....... the list never ends. look for a used 1 here already modded and save some $$$$$. jmo.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I do not care about it being new but have been unable to find a used one with the options I want and for any thing less then new. I saw two that fit one a 2009 and one a 2010 the 090 was 14,999 and the 2010 with 3500 miles 17,500.

I did talk to a guy who has a older honda for dirt cheap, thinking about buying it and riding it till I get the HD
still on the kick of having a brand new hd with zero riding experience huh. well i sure hope your a quick learner.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts