Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok kinda new to the V thing and I understand the difference between the A and the R.

R = Race
A = More cruiser style
D = I'm not sure but it doesn't look like an R and not an A either.

Can someone shed a little light on me so I can stop feeling like an idiot. Thanks Doug

·
spit happens
5,534 Posts
gsxrdoug said:
Ok kinda new to the V thing and I understand the difference between the A and the R.

R = Race
A = More cruiser style

Can someone shed a little light on me so I can stop feeling like an idiot. Thanks Doug
The A,B,D,R,X have no significant meaning to them.It's just a letter the MOCO gave to each different model VRSC.

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
The R is a taller bike, higher center of gravity. Peg position is a little more back, so your legs get a little more folded. I think this ones discontinued now.

The D version sits about an inch or so lower than the A & B models, peg position sits so that your legs are more straight up from ground to knee, almost a 90 degree angle in the bend of the knee. D model now comes with highway pegs on the front so that you can sit "Harley style" with your feet and legs stretched out in front of you.

There are cosmetic differences like lights and gauges between models.

Hope this helps.

·
Carbon Yeti
4,598 Posts
A,B,X,DX: power cruisers.
R: more sport bike than cruiser
D:sport cruiser

Where the R is the tallest V-rod, I believe the DX is the lowest. The D has higher ground clearance than everything except the R but a lower seat height than the A/B, if I remember correctly. All I know for certain is that my wife and I tried them all except the X and SE and the D is the right bike for us. Also, they all look funny around the headlight area.

·
Two Wheels Or A Prop
163 Posts
I read somewhere that the letters actually did mean something, I don't recall all of them but I believe at least this is the case:

VRSCA = V-Rod Racing Sport Cruiser Anodized

VRSCB = Black

Maybe this was the case early on...

·
RIP ALEX
2,033 Posts
Flieger said:
The D is an R for people with short legs.
The R sits tall than all the rods. Short legged people may have issues with an R.

·
Premium Member
2,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the inputs. Clears some of the clouds away.

·
1130cc.comaholic
13,241 Posts
baggio95 said:
Just trying to clarify as well. Is there a difference between the a and b? Thanks
the B's are black

·
1130cc.comaholic
13,241 Posts

·
Banned
1,361 Posts
VR=Revolution Engine
SC=Street Custom
A = V-Rod (Low/Forward Controls, lean angle 32.0°)
AW = V-Rod Wide (Low/Forward Controls, lean angle 32.0°, 240 tire)
B = Black (frame) V-Rod (Low/Forward Controls, lean angle 32.0°)
D = Night Rod (Low/Mid-Controls/highway pegs, lean angle 32.0°)
DX = Night Rod Custom (Very Low, Forward Controls, lean angle 32.0°, 240 tire)
R = street Rod (High, Mid Controls, lean angle 40.0°)

Really the VRSC R is the only one that is technically different. the DX is like 1/2" lower than the others, but has the same lean angle. And the D has mids.

·
Average V-rod guy
580 Posts

·
Average V-rod guy
580 Posts
gsxrdoug said:

R = Race
A = More cruiser style

I pulled these on a google search:

http://acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/VRSC

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harley-Davidson (towards the bottom) It gives all the acronym and letter designations and meanings.

·
Recovering Oxymoron
394 Posts
R is definately for 'Race'. :D

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
The 2002 VRSCA is the only Motorcycle that is am actual Vrod, everything after is just anoth Painted Harley.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts