Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Departed the Fix.
5,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got turned onto this on the ADV forum, and it fits the larger diameter F bars PERFECTLY. The rear split mount also straddles the windshield bolt, so if you have a shield, the phone will have some protection.

The mount is much lower profile than a RAM Tough-Claw and X-Mount. The only downside is that it's a little spendy for what it is.

But, I like it better than any of the RAM mounts and/or X-Mounts that I've seen yet.

It comes in two sizes-- I got the Small for an iPhone 7. Fits perfectly and seems very solid. I have a SAE plug mounted just above the radiator in the little nook by the brake lines. When I need a moving map, I'll insert a USB adaptor into the SAE plug and run the lightning cable up to the phone. Not a waterproof solution, but one that will work most of the time for me-- it will come in handy if I make it to Sturgis this year.

Here's the Amazon link. No affiliation, etc.-- just thought the F brotherhood might be interested.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BB6LY67/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Admittedly, it's a little more than I wanted to spend for what it is, but it's the best solution I've come up with-- and I've tried a BUNCH of phone mounts. Considering what it's cost me in return shipping, this is cheap in comparison.

It's also easily removable, so I can use it on my GS when needed or can even set it up on my wife's bike if she needs navigation for a day.

R.

Attachments

·
VRXSE/VRSCF
96 Posts
Nice recommendation. Most of the options are pig-ugly (excuse the french) so it's good to see another design.

·
Departed the Fix.
5,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Small it is
I guess the big red "S" on the box gave it away? ;)

Bear in mind that the size is related to the phone-- I got a "Small" for an iPhone 7.

Depending on what phone you have, you might have a different answer.

R.

·
Departed the Fix.
5,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Galaxy S9 plus...hopefully small should do it...I notice the cowl on your bike. Where did you get that?
It's the visor from a 2012 - 2017 VRSCDX. It comes in multiple colors over the years as well as chrome.

If you have a Budman's riser on your F, it'll fit PERFECTLY with no modification, although you'll have to use the two DX mounting bolts as they're a bit longer.

If you don't have the Budman's, you'll have to fabricate some spacers to make it work.

If you go to Ronnie's Microfiche, you can go through the 2012 - 2017 DX schematics and get the part numbers for the various colors. And the bolts.

R.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Bought one of these acouple weeks back. Works great, thanks for the recommendation!

·
Registered
108 Posts
I also bought one based on your review. While I am happy with it and going to keep it on, it is not perfect. The jaws don't grab the bar like a pipe due to the step up area on one side of the bar where the jaws grip it. I had to really clamp it down hard and still has a little wiggle to it if I tug on the mount.

·
Departed the Fix.
5,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I also bought one based on your review. While I am happy with it and going to keep it on, it is not perfect. The jaws don't grab the bar like a pipe due to the step up area on one side of the bar where the jaws grip it. I had to really clamp it down hard and still has a little wiggle to it if I tug on the mount.
Didn't have anything like this. Confused.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts