Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

61 - 80 of 113 Posts

·
Can U See me now
1,672 Posts
So now we just secured the bike contest!!!!:D
This is a great programm if you know how to work it...I just design the side lights of my dx to see how would look like....and of course I turn down the idea!!!!
Good Idea. However I agree not a good look. Can ya make em smaller, or maybe tear drop shape?

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
No I made it quite clear (I think) that they will need to send a High RES image to the [email protected] address and than the contest will be set up from there. They Need to Put the SAME 2 picts (Or 1) into their Gallery here in order to get in, that pict doesnt need to be as high res, its just Proof that hey approve that pic etc...
As far as the Term "Photo Contest" its being thrown around here like crazy, In reality it is a Photo Contest, its a contest where the entries are photos so hence Yes its a Photo Contest, I am just trying to get people to take 12 minuets or 4 days to get a Nice Photo to enter. But as I said it doesn't Have to be, what it Does have to be is a good res. so if they win we can print it out, people dont want pixelated and distorted photos if they buy the calendar a the end.
Now if people DOMT have access to a CAmera than NO they are out of luck.
So where do we see the bikes that have been entered?

GR

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
So where do we see the bikes that have been entered?

GR
if you read the 1st page you will see that the 1st month of the contest begins Sept 1 and is for VRSCA models only.
http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124679

But this is a Great time to Reiterate some basics as I am now receiving pictures of B models and R models and every other model bike when it STATE in Big Bold Letters that the 1 week of a month is for sending in picts and the remaining 3 for voting, each month is Model Specific now (so dont send me your Picts of a DX in OCT, OCT is AW Month).
So It will be done as follows, (Ex Calendar Page below (look there is Scary Skulls in it to show its Not just one person (IE Me) in charge of this) The 1st of every month will start the Nominations, 2 Pictures per bike will be accepted so you can show both sides if need be or whatever you want but 2 is the maximum, you Can put in just 1 if you like. The Mods will determine what picts are best if the amount of entries exceeds 25 for any given month, 1 week later the Nominee’s will Stop being accepted than the voting will begin The Following Day at 6pm PST. Voting will last until the Last day of the month at 11:59PM PST, with the winners being announced on the front page of the forum 24 hours later. This will go on for 9 months to include every model individually, Month 10
People who have done Many MANY Miles on their bikes, we will call these Worker Bikes, bikes that Get Ridden and often (Picts Of ODO Required) and the the 11th month reserved for will be reserved for those who feel they have a Superior Custom bike, top Show style etc… The 12th month will be reserved for the Bike Of The Year which will be made up of the Winners of the previous contests and than there will be a Bike of The Year vote. Now you May Only enter Once Per Year, Now to some that might sound stupid to say as its now Model specific BUT no, If you feel you have a Super Custom and best of the best enter it in Pro Custom contest in July, same goes for High Mileage bikes in June. Because if you Lose in your Model Month you cannot try again later on. So people if Your model month is in Feb and you are planning on doing all this stuff to it in March than Don't enter in Feb, wait until July to show off your Stuff (hence the reason the Pro Comp is in July, Winter should be over and bike ready to SHOW!!!!)

Sept: VRSCA,
Oct: VRSCAW,
Nov: VRSCD,
Dec: VRSCDX,
Jan: VRSCF
Feb: VRSCB
Mar: VRSCR, ,
Apr:VRSCSE,
May: VRSCX,
June: Worker Bikes (Bikes with Many miles on them and USED, 4500 miles average a Year.)
July:Pro Custom Comp.
Aug: "Bike of The Year",

EXAMPLE MONTH

At the End there will be a Small Wall Calendar put together and sold at a low price (no profit being made, sold through a Cafe Press type place and sold at their Minimal cost, you buy it from directly and they send it to you directly etc... No one makes any money off it etc..) and every Month will have the winner of that month and the Cover of course Reserved For The Bike of The Year.

This will also no longer be a game of Whiners and such, it’s a Contest, you aren’t paying to be in it, your not winning a Large sum of cash at the end, Its not a Resume booster nor help you become a master fabricator with your own TV show, no one is out to get you and no one cares if you join or not, it’s a Contest to see who’s bike is appreciated by the most people. If you have a problem with having your bike in Print Don't enter, If you have a problem with rejection Don't Enter, IF you are convinced this will make you a star Don't enter. The reason THIS Contest is done this way now is because in the past little bands of Children grouped together and voted for their Models of Bike and not the Quality of the Bikes in the contests. Well let’s get beyond that shall we? Lord Of The Flies was great book indeed, but lets not bring it here.

Rules of Picts:
1)Picts must be of high quality 1024 x768 or 1280x1024 Etc, small picts are hard to see and aren’t to your advantage. (It IS a Photo contest!)
2) Picts must appear in the members Gallery
3) Pics must be the Sole Property of the Contestant. There will be a Published item at the end that people can purchase that will have all the Bikes in it, if the pict isn't yours we cannot use it)
4) If for some reason the winner of a certain month becomes Conflicted, Unreasonable or Problematic the Award will be taken and given to the 2nd place entry for that month (and if that person becomes a Pain the 3rd runner up becomes king of the month, and so on.....)
5) No people in the Photo. Any photo that has people in it will be disqualified. (sorry you cannot tell Wendy down at Hooters you are going to make Her famous, Bring your Wife when you break the bad news to Her.)
6) Send Picts to: [email protected] with a Short (50 words or less) Description of the bike and what you did (or didnt ) do.
7 A Bike can ONLY be entered 1 Time a Year so choose well what competition you want to be in, your Model of bike as deemed by its Birth certificate signed by Willie G or the Beauty Custom you have transformed it to be (Or the Work Horse it has become)
8 Minimal Photoshopping of photos is allowed, You want to make it B&W, put some grain on it screw with the colors etc.. fine, Major Overhauls of the photos will not be allowed as its a Photo Contest of Bikes and what people have done (or not done) to them, its not a Photo Contest with bikes in them. If you are Worried about the Plate on the bike think about that before you take the pict, if you are good at Photoshop and Can mask it nicely fine but big Blurrs or White Boxes in the middle of the photos where your plate was will not be in your favor. Hey you spent a lot of time on the bike, removing a few screws for a pict shouldn't be hard.
PLEASE Do NOT Send Picts Before your Bike Month, We arent a record Keeping Co that will go back and search when the time comes, the 1st week of every month is reserved for Nominations for that months model, Now if you will be on a Jungle Sabbatical or be in prison that month etc.. and Cannot get to the internet, make plans with someone else to send in your Pictures (and dont ask the guy going to jail with you to do it as He will be busy Too).

So everyone has plenty of Time now to get a few Great shots showing off your Hard work (Or your Lack of, doesn't matter, you never know what people will vote for) Its Summer time in most places (Sorry North East people, tough year huh?) so go out and get a great shot or 2, maybe the background will represent your state too? who knows. One of the Best photo's I ever saw was a DX out in the snow, great contrast. So the Contest will start in Aug. (had to give the 1st months people enough time to be fair) and go on from there. The contest rules may change a bit, if they do it will be posted BEFORE the 1st month starts and it will be minor things if any, not anything to do with the Picts themselves.

Good Luck and remember if your Going to Armour All your Whole Bike for the photo, wipe it off the seat and tires before you ride it next or else you and the bike will no longer look like it did in that photo.

·
Where's Max?
2,444 Posts

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
What if we have GREAT pictures of a fairly stock A model? Wait, is this a photo contest or not?
Than you enter Sept 1st for the VRSCA month (Or if you want you can wait and enter it in the Worker or custom contest later on, its up to you, but you can only enter once.)

Thats Right the contest begins Sept 1st!!!

·
Need for more speed
300 Posts
I have an 05 A model that is turbo charged would I enter it for Sept. or would it go in July under Custom Pro comp.?

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
I have an 05 A model that is turbo charged would I enter it for Sept. or would it go in July under Custom Pro comp.?
Thats up to you, if you feel like you can go up against the those who put the time and energy into serious up grades or if you want to battle against everyone in the Regular area during the Sept contest? You can only enter once so choose carefully.

·
Insane inda membrane
13,002 Posts
Should I enter????? I don't know....

61 - 80 of 113 Posts