Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

What are your thoughts on the new 07 models?

• They Rock

Votes: 67 52.3%
  • They are OK

Votes: 48 37.5%
  • I prefer the old VRSC better

Votes: 12 9.4%
  • They have new models?

Votes: 1 0.8%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are your thoughts on the new 07 models?

·
REVOLUTION !!!
21,318 Posts
It is great to see that MOCO is still investing money into the VRSC lineup by making all of the changes to the new models.. Would like to see them go one more step and get into a bigger bore engine -- 1300 to 1500 cc..... Now that would really ROCK.... :notworth: :notworth:

·
passionate fanatic
342 Posts
i will always like the V-ROD in any form or fashion. i especially like my vintage 04 B in black for its individuality and beauty. the MOCO will go a long way around the designing table before they come back to it

·
S-Rod
467 Posts
Outstanding question! The changes appear to be "exactly" what a lot of us agreed needed to be done.

·
Registered
483 Posts
I like the changes. I wish I had the larger tank but don't really want the 240 tire. Its a step in the right direction for the VRSC lineup, but at the same time, makes me a little more attached to my 04 A model. I think it will be something I'll be proud to own in another 20 years!

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
The fact is, they haven't given us anything we haven't already seen.

If we haven't seen a boatload of 240's from supporters like HogPro, et al. and hadn't seen strides made to increase fuel capacity as we have seen from Zeel, Ricks, and Trick, then maybe....Just Maybe I would be impressed with the changes this year.

It is flattering that the MoCo takes such a big interest in the V-Rod, but the ideas seem to have been birthed right here in this corner of the internet we call v-rodforums. It would be Nice if the moco would give some recognition, but cest la vie.

If I wasn't a member here and was looking at a V-Rod for the first time, then I'd be impressed with the changes. Right now, I think they took a good starter kit, and made it a bit better.

Really, I'm much more impressed with the changes to the Twin Cam line of bikes. SIX SPEEDS AND STROKED MOTORS!!!????

·
Revolution02
3,978 Posts
Love the blacked out one. !!!!!!!!!!!

·
Lover of Bikes
1,726 Posts
I like the changes, and that there are now more options for us to retrofit some of the changes on our existing bikes, and that it shows Harley is still putting lots of money into this model.
I was at 4 dealers this past weekend and you wouldn't know the V-Rod existed based on their bike/parts inventory...ie. zilch

·
Steve
177 Posts
I think that the technical improvements like the larger fuel tank and larger battery are great. Unfortunately these changes will also have a negative impact on the availability of accessories. For instance, I've noticed that HD is already offering '07 versions of their fender base plate and seats, most probably due to the changes required to accomodate the 5 gallon tank and the 240 rear tire. I had been thinking of selling my FXDX and adding another V-Rod to the collection, but was also hoping that I could swap components between my '06 VRSCD and an '07 A or D (within reason).

Overall, I'd say that the improvements will make for a more reliable and easier to maintain V-Rod. I just wish that the changes did make many of my accessories obsolete.

·
Chuck
2,292 Posts
Max, you need another option in your poll, "Both old & new have great features, I can't decide."

For me, I'm with RJ on this.

The one thing I HATE about the new lineup is the goofy looking wide fender, that makes the 240 tire look small. I'm still scratching my head on that one. It's like the folks you see on the street in mis-matched clothes. Didn't they look in the mirror before they left the house? Same with the wide fender; how did they let that get past the drawing board?

Can't say I'm fond of the grooves in the fuel tank either. I like the textured look of ours better.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
HD has made more major changes on it's air cooled models this year than any time in the past that I can remember. Although I fully expect a standard bigger motor and 6 speed, and touring model in the V, the question is when? I am dissapointed that we don't have those yet.

Jerry

·
REVOLUTION !!!
21,318 Posts
Hey Guys - Not sure how much MOCO can invest in the V Rod developement but it has got to be limited considering the sales of this bike are mild to moderate... I am grateful that they have stepped up to the plate and got one of the biggest complaints fixed with the addition of the 5 gallon fuel tank..

·
Registered
364 Posts
They are following the members of the forum. Not everyone has what it takes to make all these cool changes and if you can't do it yourself then you run into a lot of money in labor. Now you can buy a cool bike and make very few changes to it. That's why I bought an SE.

·
Dreaming of Twisties
593 Posts
I heard there's going to be a touring model V-Rod in the 07 model year.

·
Premium Member
1,513 Posts
When weight goes up performance does down. By now they have had time to evaluate the bike and determine areas where either over-design or under design occurred. Any modifications to the bike that increases weight should be matched with weight reduction in other areas. But and a big BUT, they should not take the easy way out as we see with the plastic chrome covered accessories. I already need to replace the fuel tank side covers because of poor quality.

We have complained about the Ugly Dog Ass repeatedly. It seems to me there are a lot of custom examples on the site for them to choose from. They obviously spend a lot of time here just look at the changes they did make. Why ignore the consensus and add another butt ugly (240) fender to the line.

When the 1,250 kits dropped drastically in price I figured we would see a larger kit coming out based on a larger stock engine. It didn’t happen, same old same old. Why are they not increasing the size of the engines across the board? I was expecting the 1,250 as standard and a larger 1,350 for the SE.

How many of the changes will add cost to the aftermarket products? Are the changes being made due to Customer demand or to drive off the aftermarket products? The R/D cost for aftermarket parts has to be offset by volume of sales.

Bottom line I believe this years models will be slower and more costly to customize.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
I'm envious. Glad to see HD is investing in R&D to improve the V line. If I could get a fair price for my 05, I'd sell it and get an 07 just for the larger gas tank. That 240 looks hot too!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts