Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Joe my light arrived today and it is everything I had hoped for and more. The light is much brighter then the stock light and the quality of the conversion on the socket and wiring are first rate.

http://www.heavycycles.com

DrHeathenScum light on the left, stock light on the right.

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Install including cutting the dogs a$$ was less then 2 hours and very simple.

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Light is bright and looks good.

Thanks again Joe, I am throwing the dingleberrys in the box with my core.

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I took a bunch of pics as I put it on Joe, I was going to try and post them all in the photo gallery later tonight. I have an auction item to box still and your core to get boxed with the dingleberrys. I want to get them all out Friday if possible.

Max

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh and I didn't cut the wires on the dingleberrys I pulled them out of the connector and then reinstalled them if you need them complete.

Max

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
DrHeathenScum said:
cool, you're a professional dingleberry remover!
Oh boy, this could go down hill fast!!!!!!!!!!

·
Metal Guitarist
5,201 Posts
Max is that an inspection sticker under your plate?
i havnt seen one of those in years..did'nt they used to put those on the front forks?

·
Geezer
13,343 Posts
re: inspection sticker - Ya gotta love Texas.......

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes on the sticker and I push the limits on that sticker. If you notice I have the bracket bent almost straight back, they want it hanging straight down. :)

·
1,738 Posts
Dr HS: In the stage one kit, do you use more red brake/taillight leds than you do the Stage 2 where you have the turn arrows incorporated? If so are they brighter?
Fred

·
The Heavycycles Guy
6,785 Posts
Hey Fred:
The Stage 1 and Stage 2 both use the same run/brake setup, but, if you want, for a few dollars more, I could put red LEDs in the turn signal areas for addtional brake lighting... it adds about 30% more brake light LEDs, so it's a little bit brighter.

That's the beauty of custom work ;)

·
1,738 Posts
Damn Joe, wouldn't it blind the cars behind me when I brake???:D

One question more please. Are the Amber LED's in the turn signals brighter than stock bulbs used as a turn signal? If not I would buy the stage 2 taillight with the arrows?

As I am going to buy these for safety reasons, not the wiz-bang light show, what would you do?

By the way, I will buy eventually. Bank on it

Fred

·
Registered
765 Posts
For safety, I think my setup is fantastic! As an added bonus, it looks cool too! I got Joe's Stage 2 taillight along with combo amber/red turn signal lights. The turn signal lights now work as red running/brake lights as well as amber turn signals! Oh yeah, I got the brake light modulator too! :)

Here's a pic of me signaling for a left turn. Unfortunately, I didn't do a good of capturing the amber and red colors.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts