Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Yeah, but what if...
4,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Craig, got the frame bag today mate, thanks - looks fantastic. Can you post a picyure of it on your bike for me again? I know you did once, but I can't find it.

Thanks again, it's a quality product. Have you had any problems with it marking the frame?

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Karl I'm not sure when Craig will get a chance to post next. I would guess he will be in transit a couple of day's.

Max

·
The Heavycycles Guy
6,785 Posts
btw, Max has slipped spyware onto all of our computers so he always knows what we are doing :D

·
Yeah, but what if...
4,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK, I dropped him an email as well. And I have counterespionage stuff at this end Gene - don't worry!

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Joe put your pants back on! ;)

I am one of the biggest anti spy ware people you will ever come across. I think the guy that invented the pop up should be shot. We use a single cookie for login and message tracking only. You will never get any junk mail from this forum and I would never allow any tracking of anyone on the forum.

Max

·
just a ghost now
2,719 Posts
Max,

This is the superb vrod forum, much faster access/no delays, no BS, just good info, imo.

·
Craig Fehr
2,506 Posts
Hey guys, just got to work. :(

Karl, glad to hear you got the bag so fast and that you like it. I'm sure you will find it quite useful - I sure do!

I am missing one piece of luggage (the one with my MP3/hard drive in it) so I don't have any pics at this time. Hopefully my bag will arrive tomorrow and I will post a pic then. BTW, it will be an older pic, but still shows the bag on the bike.

I had my bag on my bike for most of the summer and I am not having any problems with it marking the frame.

Craig

·
The Heavycycles Guy
6,785 Posts
i was kidding... I really didn't think Max did that... I was just being a smart-ass :)

·
1,738 Posts
The frame paint on the bike is so soft that I would think that anything that touchs it has the potential to mar the finish. I would protect the areas the bag touchs with clear vinyl tape to be safe.

Fred

·
Yeah, but what if...
4,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Good idea Fred. Thanks.

Craig, hope that bag turns up mate!

·
Craig Fehr
2,506 Posts
No bag yet - maybe tomorrow - that's what I heard yesterday! :confused:

Therefore I went to the VTF and found some pics I posted a while ago. They are quite old and aren't the best but give you an idea anyway. Hope this helps.

Craig

Attachments

·
Yeah, but what if...
4,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks Craig. Just checkin I got it on right.

The one that goes over the shock was a bit tricky with the hard bags there.

How does it go in the wet? Has it been waterproofed?

Lastly, my bag has a stap in the centre as well that I don't see in your photos?

·
Craig Fehr
2,506 Posts
Are you referring to the center strap on the bottom? If so, it actually goes around the passenger peg bracket (through the loop in the bracket) to stop the bag from moving "in and out" / flapping around. I've got the same strap on mine it's just tough to see in the pic.

I've only rode in the rain once with the bag and it held up nicely. What I've done though (upon recommendation from my leather guy) is spray WD-40 on it and rub it in. WD-40 is an excellent water repellent and will not harm the leather at all. Be careful around the V-Rod stamp as the WD-40 might take it off - not sure, but would hate to see it happen.

Craig

·
Craig Fehr
2,506 Posts
And I hear you regarding getting it over the shock. I've actually changed my shocks to Progressives and put on a shock bolt cover. I had to go back to my leather guy to get him to put a new strap on the rear of the bag so it would go around this new setup. That's one nice thing though about a bag like this - you can simply keep customizing it.

Then while the bag was there I had him take off that oval/triangular piece on the front and put snake skin on instead. Kind of a different look.

·
Yeah, but what if...
4,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
it actually goes around the passenger peg bracket (through the loop in the bracket)
Ahhh, :whack: I have it on the frame!:eek: Duh, what a moron!:slap2:

that oval/triangular piece on the front
- will have to have a closer look for that!

Thanks Craig!:thumb

·
Banned
1,307 Posts
Very Nice. A "Correct" frame bag.

Craig...
I very much would like one of these bags, but I have a suggestion. To add a bit of space could you make it look like this? Extending the bag seem to flow better in my eyes, better than the plain jane rectangle.

How do I order? Price?
Thanks,
Chris Kennedy
[email protected]

Attachments

·
Registered
61 Posts
The bags are great as is.

I have had it now for quit some time, and it is a great product.

Keeps the key from falling and allow for space for the lock, etc.

GO for it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I purchased a bag from Craig a while ago and absolutely love it. You'll be surprised how much stuff you can fit in there. I also think it adds style to the Rod.

My Stealer asked me when did Harley come out with that bag and stated it must have sold out quick because he couldn't find it. It felt good telling him that a fellow V-Rodder designed it (it's Custom).

Great product and should be in production.

Bryant:slap2:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts