Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Disturbed said:
I recently had issues with my '03, went to disconnect the power commander and found water in the connection. Dried her out no more issues. just a thought.
Hey Disturbed, your assessemnt in my thread last January http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54043 turned out to be spot on 7 months later. Are you a psychic?

I washed my bike last weekend and it started running roughly this week. I recalled your tip and it took me a few minutes to find water in the PCIII connection. Thanks Disturbed! You and 1130cc.com saved me hours (well, actually days/weeks in my case) of troubleshooting and possibly a trip to the $tealer :notworth:

·
Registered
44 Posts
I use dielectric silicone to seal mine.. you can find it in any boating supply store. Its kind of like a caulking that dosent get hard, it just acts as a water barrier. Nothing worse than gettting caught in the rain and trying to dry out electronics.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nghtrd06 said:
I use dielectric silicone to seal mine.. you can find it in any boating supply store. Its kind of like a caulking that dosent get hard, it just acts as a water barrier. Nothing worse than gettting caught in the rain and trying to dry out electronics.
Thanks for the tip. I'll get one this morning while the connection is drying out. :cheers:

·
I used 2 B Disturbed
1,782 Posts
V-Craig said:
Hey Disturbed, your assessemnt in my thread last January http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54043 turned out to be spot on 7 months later. Are you a psychic?

I washed my bike last weekend and it started running roughly this week. I recalled your tip and it took me a few minutes to find water in the PCIII connection. Thanks Disturbed! You and 1130cc.com saved me hours (well, actually days/weeks in my case) of troubleshooting and possibly a trip to the $tealer :notworth:
You can have all my problems. :angeldev:

Glad you got her all fixed up...

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
great advice! this is a good one for the archives!

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Yawl actually wash your bikes, with water???? LOL

1 - 7 of 7 Posts