Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure where to put this, hope this is the right spot.

I wanted to post this so all can see. I have found myself in a position to make my own crash bars since I don't like the ones from Harley-Davidson. In my attempt to do so I realized that I needed a portion of the frame that I did not have or have access to. I put a thread in the "Wanted" section for the frame piece and it was answered by 2 members. kol256 sent the piece I was needing without cost and thereby saving me hassle and possibly $250 for a new one. Besides, if I don't like how it turns out I can always sell/get rid of it without incurring major out-of-pocket expense.

This forum and it's members are the best, bar none. I have unfortunately been subjected to ridicule and disdain for the bike I own and the forum I belong to but with members like this it doesn't matter. I know this sounds just like all the other "Thank You for this place" types of threads but this thank you is to the forum AND IT'S MEMBERS.

I think someone said "It's the members that make this forum what it is." He turns out to be a very smart man.

Don

·
Premium Member
Pan American Son of VROD :-)
1,093 Posts
We can't wait to see what you make!

·
1130cc.comaholic
13,241 Posts
This forum has some very good people :thumb:

·
Premium Member
4,153 Posts
DonA said:
I'm not sure where to put this, hope this is the right spot.

I wanted to post this so all can see. I have found myself in a position to make my own crash bars since I don't like the ones from Harley-Davidson. In my attempt to do so I realized that I needed a portion of the frame that I did not have or have access to. I put a thread in the "Wanted" section for the frame piece and it was answered by 2 members. kol256 sent the piece I was needing without cost and thereby saving me hassle and possibly $250 for a new one. Besides, if I don't like how it turns out I can always sell/get rid of it without incurring major out-of-pocket expense.

This forum and it's members are the best, bar none. I have unfortunately been subjected to ridicule and disdain for the bike I own and the forum I belong to but with members like this it doesn't matter. I know this sounds just like all the other "Thank You for this place" types of threads but this thank you is to the forum AND IT'S MEMBERS.

I think someone said "It's the members that make this forum what it is." He turns out to be a very smart man.

Don
Let me guess, this came from "Hardcore" bikers, :D I crack myself up, on cookie cutter aircooled bikes? Pay no attention to them, they are haters of change... Oh, that someone is Max , this is his house.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts