Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Texas Motorcycle Drag Racing Race in Evadale, Texas

Texas motor.gif If any of you get a chance and want to have some where to race in the off season. I found out about this race and wanted to let everyone know. Evadale, Tx is about 20 to 25 minutes from Beaumont, Tx and 10 minutes north of Vidor, Tx. I have the flyer posted.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I remember someone comming over to the Memorial Day Blowout in Gulf Port, Ms and if I remember right.......... they were with a Texas series. Is this the same people?

·
Premium Member
1,454 Posts
hd_speedracer said:
I remember someone comming over to the Memorial Day Blowout in Gulf Port, Ms and if I remember right.......... they were with a Texas series. Is this the same people?
Not sure but looks as if it might be Red and his crew.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cuthru said:
Not sure but looks as if it might be Red and his crew.
Actually, they split from Red sometime last year after the blowout and went on their own. Becky the little lady that was in the wheel chair. That is who is running this. She called and asked if I would show up and race.

·
Premium Member
1,454 Posts
vrodracing90 said:
Actually, they split from Red sometime last year after the blowout and went on their own. Becky the little lady that was in the wheel chair. That is who is running this. She called and asked if I would show up and race.
Didn't know they split up, I do know some folks had a problem with Red. Say, I'm back in Louisiana today and if the weather is lookin' good this coming weekend I'm headin' to No-Problem; haven't had time to fix the "sporty" so I guess I'll run the NRS in brackets.:)

·
Gone
9,302 Posts
Evadale has a huge paper mill in town and it reaks like nobodies business. The stench alone will cost you at least 5 horsepower.

·
Part-time mod
10,859 Posts
mwdhand said:
Evadale has a huge paper mill in town and it reaks like nobodies business. The stench alone will cost you at least 5 horsepower.
Aw man papermills STINK!!!! Yuck! :barf:

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It still is a pretty good track. Plus, you have to look at like this. There is not too many races for all Harley racing. I am going to be racing at Evadale that weekend. That should be my last race of the year.

·
Premium Member
1,454 Posts
vrodracing90 said:
It still is a pretty good track. Plus, you have to look at like this. There is not too many races for all Harley racing. I am going to be racing at Evadale that weekend. That should be my last race of the year.
My last was this weekend at No Prob; ran the NRS as is andbroke out in the third round, dialed a 12.7 and ran a 12.68:banghead: backing off at the 1/4.

Looked for you?? No show.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
cuthru said:
My last was this weekend at No Prob; ran the NRS as is andbroke out in the third round, dialed a 12.7 and ran a 12.68:banghead: backing off at the 1/4.

Looked for you?? No show.
I talked to Jerry the photographer. He said that they had preped the track very good. He also said that several people stood their bike straight up. That is one hooking track.

·
Premium Member
1,454 Posts
vrodracing90 said:
I talked to Jerry the photographer. He said that they had preped the track very good. He also said that several people stood their bike straight up. That is one hooking track.
Did he tell you how many cars were there? and how much preference they got? Only got to pull 4 test runs in bracket, sucked for what it cost me. Guess I had the impression it was a bike weekend.
Yeah, one guy not only stood it straight up but flipped over completely. He was about 4 scoots ahead of me in the first run of T & T.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
cuthru said:
Did he tell you how many cars were there? and how much preference they got? Only got to pull 4 test runs in bracket, sucked for what it cost me. Guess I had the impression it was a bike weekend.
Yeah, one guy not only stood it straight up but flipped over completely. He was about 4 scoots ahead of me in the first run of T & T.
Yes, I know that is usually how that track tries to do things. They want to race their regular program and what they have special going on at the same time. That is one of the reasons that I did not go. As far as I know that will not be going on in Evadale 11/04/07.

·
insane vrod posse...
2,018 Posts
NightMare said:
Aw man papermills STINK!!!! Yuck! :barf:

We were in Tacoma, Washington in the '60's....the talk of the town was the cliche...

The "The Aroma in Tacoma".....ya get used to if after awhile...don't worry

:hidesbeh:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts