Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw this on DavidN's bike when we went for a ride last weekend and had to have one. If anyone is interested in getting them I exchanged a couple of emails with the manufacture and a group buy could yield a little discount. I paid 25$ for mine.

Max

Attachments

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
2 3/8 x 4 1/2 are the surface dimensions of the plate.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Max said:
I saw this on DavidN's bike when we went for a ride last weekend and had to have one. If anyone is interested in getting them I exchanged a couple of emails with the manufacture and a group buy could yield a little discount. I paid 25$ for mine.

Max

OOPS! Max, do I need one of those? I live in San Antonio....

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You have to have a state inspection if you have Texas plates.

·
AMF
423 Posts
Virginia requires a state inspection sticker. I bought my bike there but live in Maryland so I removed the plate that they installed at the dealer. I thought this was a pretty good mount and is legal in VA.

Attachments

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
John that looks like a clean way to mount the sticker, in Texas the sticker must be visible from the rear of the bike. The state inspection for motorcycles here is somewhat of a joke anyway. For cars we have full IM240 certification but for bikes it is strictly a safety inspection that amounts to a quick way for the state to get a few bucks.

·
Will Work for Chrome
59 Posts
Max,

Having sliced my hand open a few times on the alloy mount for the inspection sticker, I'm interested to know where I can get one of those from, it's the best I've seen yet that doesn't spoil the look of the bike.

Cheers,

Kev

·
Fireman/investigator
1,965 Posts
Yeah Max... nice part. I have one that attaches under the license plate, making the dogs a$$ bigger :( Who makes this part Max? I would be interested. Time for the insepction anyway, so I will have a new sticker for the new part.

Greg

·
'02 Anodized Club
970 Posts
Inspection sticker

They do a few things right here in Jersey -- the bike inspection sticker is about the size of a regular registration validation (a large postage stamp) and fits on the plate next to the validation sticker.

Best--

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I got the bracket from Lee Wood Harley Davidson. I will try to look up the url when I get a chance.

Max

·
Fireman/investigator
1,965 Posts
We used to do that here, but people got real good at stealing current ones for their cars, so we use this big kind.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Max are you sure the sticker has be visible from the rear. I thought that the law said it must be "visible"? I've been stopped with a side mounted sticker and never had an issue, maybe just lucky, but the DPS guys usually pick anything and everything.

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
DPS here in Texas is the pits, since we do motorcycle inspections here at the dealership (mostly because we have so many bikers) we double checked with the DPS and they said that the sticker must be visible from the rear and cannot be under the fender as you see so many sport bikes setup now.

Max

·
Registered
349 Posts
Max - you paid $25 at Lee Wood's? That's not bad... I like the mount. Would be interested if anything comes up regarding a group buy... although the price is so low as is that I may just swing by the dealership and pick one up. Thanks for bringing it to our attention...

Jamie

·
Premium Member
13,343 Posts
I mounted mine under the HD "V-Rod" Chrome plate holder. Only the bottom half / date part sticks out. Probably illegal, but they can see if its current!

·
Registered
454 Posts
banglenot said:
They do a few things right here in Jersey -- the bike inspection sticker is about the size of a regular registration validation (a large postage stamp) and fits on the plate next to the validation sticker.

Best--
:confused: I wasn't aware of any inspection sticker requirements for bikes in NJ. Never even seen one.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts