Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

41 - 60 of 134 Posts

·
caferacer
5,686 Posts
ticket

Pipes received today...check for shipping charges of $54 sent to cthornburg as well. Pipes installed tonight....testing CHP tomorrow.

thanks....ELrod
Did you have these vmodded pipes on when CHP handed you a speeding ticket ?

·
Half Good - Half Bad
244 Posts
Did you have these vmodded pipes on when CHP handed you a speeding ticket ?
No, I got a ticket in OR on a street Glide last Sept. spent $1400 in fines. OR is the worst on speed west of Mississippi. Residents pay no state sales tax.... so I get to pay it for them. I'm still fighting it in court.... it seems ever time the evidence goes in my favor the Judges stop the trial to give the DA a second chance to do their job. Interesting thing is I would never get a second chance that they have been given.

·
Half Good - Half Bad
244 Posts
On another note..... I'm done with the v mods and waiting for who is next of the list.....

I very much enjoyed the sound and felt like I could someday be respected. I did a 47mi ride up a mountain pass near home. At about mile 20 my ears began to hurt, so I stopped and put in ear plugs, which did nothing, as the sound is to low and goes right through them. I got home and my ears recovered after about 20 min. So for the next few days I kept the bike in town with no ear problems, except when I get near read line my ears harmonical tune to the pipes and they vibrate my ear drums so hard it tickles and I need to go home a scratch them with a Q-Tip.

The turning point is when I went to the gym and walked over to an old gray hair salt who followed us into the parking lot. He carried a killer tunderheader and when I asked him a question he couldn't hear me. he then reach down in his sock and pulled out a case to put in two hearing aids. At that moment I decided that I didn't what to trade my hearing to be cool and a little or noticeable in traffic. All my rides are usually over 200 miles, I think I'd deaf within the year

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
V-mod also does a series II which is suppose to be a little more tolerable. Anyone got a test set?

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
V-mod also does a series II which is suppose to be a little more tolerable. Anyone got a test set?
No test set,but I have a set of these pipes on my 07.I won them at a silent auction from V-Mod.I think list price is $650.You get the mufflers,billet clamps and SE end caps.
Don't fool yourself they are loud.
They are just a little more quiet than the test V-Mods you guys have been using.The SE end caps is what tones them down a little and the position of my head w the drag bars.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
No test set,but I have a set of these pipes on my 07.I won them at a silent auction from V-Mod.I think list price is $650.You get the mufflers,billet clamps and SE end caps.
Don't fool yourself they are loud.
They are just a little more quiet than the test V-Mods you guys have been using.The SE end caps is what tones them down a little and the position of my head w the drag bars.
If you get tired of them let me know lol. I just need a upper one.
I am running a powerline style mod and want to tone down the "bite" just a bit. I just want to hear what they would sound like and dyno with this configuration before I bite the bullet.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Buy a used one and make your own.
I stay away from that sort of work, now if its electrical, drivability or mechanical no problem. But manufacturing a part is out of my comfort zone.

·
Registered
78 Posts
just wondering who has the pipes and if theres a line waiting for it. I got my PcIII coming in the mail, but i want a few weeks of riding stock first before i do any mods just to make sure i'll be aware of any performance loss or gains.

Also can we get a sticky for this thread please.

·
Half Good - Half Bad
244 Posts
just wondering who has the pipes and if theres a line waiting for it. I got my PcIII coming in the mail, but i want a few weeks of riding stock first before i do any mods just to make sure i'll be aware of any performance loss or gains.

Also can we get a sticky for this thread please.
I have the pipes.....they are ready when you are. The common policy has been that the current user ships them to the next user in line, then PMs you with the cost of shipping and then you can paypal or send a check to reimburse. CA to OR, would be $20-$40 depending on how excited you are....

You might read the comments on setting up/dyno your PC3 and then putting the v mods on after. Might be ok for a short time without new dyno... but long rides could heat up your bike..... Elrod is expert on this...

·
Registered
78 Posts
I wasn't going to dyno my bike, i'm too broke for that, was just gonna use the stock map from the website. And i'll try to find a map for the v-mods too once the time comes. I'll send you a PM when i'm ready

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
bump... for a good cause. If any of you are on the fence about these, now's the time to take them for a test spin.

·
Half Good - Half Bad
244 Posts
Passed to next user

V-mods shipped this morning to Koidy...total with insurance was $14.54 via UPS ground....
est. time of arrival 7/22/09

Pm me if any problems come up.....

·
Registered
78 Posts
V-mods shipped this morning to Koidy...total with insurance was $14.54 via UPS ground....
est. time of arrival 7/22/09

Pm me if any problems come up.....
V-Mods arrived today, payment sent via paypal to jebhuling.

If anyone needs these pipes please send me a PM.

Thanks

·
Half Good - Half Bad
244 Posts
V-Mods arrived today, payment sent via paypal to jebhuling.

If anyone needs these pipes please send me a PM.

Thanks
payment received.....go blast some windows out......

·
Registered
78 Posts
payment received.....go blast some windows out......
Finally got them on, man these are some loud pipes, they sound awesome though, can anyone tell me if stock screaming eagles have the same rumble just quieter? felt like it did in some of the videos. I don't think i would v-mod my pipes, i love the tone/rumble but it's just too loud for me.

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
The SE pipes are not loud.you can hear them best when you stab the throttle .

Keep in mind if you V-Mod a fresh set of stock pipes,they will be a little more subtle than the test set that has been seasoned for many thousand miles.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Are you saying that the SE are not loud at all, or just not as loud as the stocks with the V-Mod? Would I be better off buying a set of stocks & getting them done, rather that modding my SE pipes?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Are you saying that the SE are not loud at all, or just not as loud as the stocks with the V-Mod? Would I be better off buying a set of stocks & getting them done, rather that modding my SE pipes?
my understanding is SE pipes are louder or at least sound better than stock unmodded there are some people on the forums who have modded their SE pipes, though i have no idea what they sound like stock v-mods sounds really loud to me, but maybe i'm just not used to loud pipes, If your interested in selling your stock SE pipes let me know, i might be interested.

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
SE pipes are worth a fortune.Keep the SE's and buy a set of stock take offs to mod.
I pay an average of $80 for a set of stockers.

41 - 60 of 134 Posts