Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 134 Posts

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a set of V-Mods that Steve modified way back when.This set has been on my 03 for over 30k miles and are very well seasoned.They have scratches and a dent from the shock bolt,but are not ugly at all.

I am going to make these pipes available for people here on the Forum that want to hear what one of the best sounding low buck set of slip-on pipes sound like before they make a decision.
All a person needs to do is pay the shipping,install the pipes to hear them,remove them and wait till the next person wants to test them,then pass um along.

PM or Email me when someone wants to to listen and I'll get the ball rollin.

If someone has a better spot for this idea and a way to keep track of where the pipes are,then by all means have at it.

Elrod on the V-Rod:moped:

·
1130cc.comaholic
13,241 Posts
That is very good of ya! :thumb:

·
Insane inda membrane
13,002 Posts
Al is one of the best.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Awsome Idea!!!!!!!!!! I would recommend taking advantage of this to anyone who is unsure of the sound. When I sent my pipes in to have them modded I think shipping cost a whopping 12 bucks. This is a cheap way to "know for sure" whether or not V-Mods are for you.

·
Registered
14 Posts
v mod pipes

good day,

thats a real good idea. just sent my pipes to v-mod, steve. will have them back next week, did not ask for vmod ll, want some noise. i also purchased a k n filter. should or do i need a power commander?
glenn

ElrodontheV-Rod said:
I have a set of V-Mods that Steve modified way back when.This set has been on my 03 for over 30k miles and are very well seasoned.They have scratches and a dent from the shock bolt,but are not ugly at all.

I am going to make these pipes available for people here on the Forum that want to hear what one of the best sounding low buck set of slip-on pipes sound like before they make a decision.
All a person needs to do is pay the shipping,install the pipes to hear them,remove them and wait till the next person wants to test them,then pass um along.

PM or Email me when someone wants to to listen and I'll get the ball rollin.

If someone has a better spot for this idea and a way to keep track of where the pipes are,then by all means have at it.

Elrod on the V-Rod:moped:

·
Registered
14 Posts
On their way to TN

I have taken ElRod up on the offer to "test drive" the vmodded pipes.

If someone else is interested in the same deal, once I have had a chance to give them the once over, they can be on their way to you...just pm me, or email me at [email protected]

·
Premium Member
11,268 Posts
good day,

thats a real good idea. just sent my pipes to v-mod, steve. will have them back next week, did not ask for vmod ll, want some noise. i also purchased a k n filter. should or do i need a power commander?
glenn
You need something to compensate for the A/F changes made by the V-Mod pipes. You will be running to lean with the pipes. Could burn up your engine.

·
Jeff/Modistrator
6,136 Posts
A test-drive pay it forward. Great Idea Elrod!!

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
i also purchased a k n filter. should or do i need a power commander?
glenn
you can reflash the ECM and that would put you in the park, but I would still suggest adding some type of air/fuel management system

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Installing these pipes to test for a couple of miles won't hurt anything,especially with the stock air filter.I rode my 07 to the dyno with a set,that was 20 thousand miles ago.
I played around w a set of Sampson's on my 03 without retuning every time and that was 45 thousand miles ago.
Just don't get carried away and cruise the blvd for the whole weekend.

Elrod on the V-Rod

·
09 AW
140 Posts
please put me on the list for these when they are available. Thanks to Elrod.

·
09 AW
140 Posts
Ready. PM sent with address. just let me know where to send shipment money.

·
Always as Whycome
73 Posts
That's a great idea Elrod, especially for newer vrod owners like myself. I already ordered a set of stock pipes to mod though, otherwise I definetly would have jumped in line.

·
Karl-60DegreeCycles
432 Posts
I'd like to be added to the list.

Thanks, a great idea ElrodontheV-Rod.

·
Karl-60DegreeCycles
432 Posts
I have taken ElRod up on the offer to "test drive" the vmodded pipes.

If someone else is interested in the same deal, once I have had a chance to give them the once over, they can be on their way to you...just pm me, or email me at [email protected]
How did you like them? loud, soft? Do you still have them or did you pass them on?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I like(d) them very much and have done some v-modding of my own to a extra set I bought. They are pretty loud...reminds me of a top-fuel dragster :).. you wont be sneaking anywhere with these.

My only dislike...though not enough for me to change what I have is...that I can hear a weird resonation when I wear my full face helmet that rattles my brains a bit. I found the same sound in both Elrod's and my pipes. So i did some tinkering of my own to my set, and have changed the sound to be just a tad lower toned by creating a sort of baffle out of some straight 1 3/4 OD exhaust pipe with holes drilled in it tack weleded at the neck. My addition did greatly reduce the resonation, and in my opinion sounds better/throatier. One noteable thing I did discover eventually is that the sound that aggravates me is exponentially worse with that particular helmet....with a half helmet, or others I cant hear it or is very very minor.

All in all...I love the new sound, definitely what she needed..

I will be sending Elrod's set to Kujo929 in the next few days...contact him to take advantage of Elrod's generous offer.

1 - 20 of 134 Posts