Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all, i've been lurking on this site for a while now reading and learning before i make the decision to try before i buy and have learnt quite a bit so that i wont be going into the dealership blind. going to try the 08 cx but how do the black engines and pipes ect last over time. i'm afraid that i will have to keep any purchase outside under a waterproof cover, and i have used my current harley througout the winter (when dry-ish) and parts are not at their best. also i hate cleaning, sooner be riding. hope they dont rust away to much. any comments would be apreciated thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,312 Posts
your buying a cx and dont like cleaning ??...
if you got six hours spare i'll run you through cleaning a cvo !
I guarantee that bike will fail you if its kept outside and not fettled.
sorry to be the bearer of bad news but its gonna be shagged in six months you really should be buying a honda.

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
CRAZY CLIVE said:
your buying a cx and dont like cleaning ??...
if you got six hours spare i'll run you through cleaning a cvo !
I guarantee that bike will fail you if its kept outside and not fettled.
sorry to be the bearer of bad news but its gonna be shagged in six months you really should be buying a honda.
ok, so i'll have to clean it. a honda??? thats a bit like a transvestite.... not the real thing!!!

·
Dilligaf
5,393 Posts
Welcome!

·
jacket off!
9,720 Posts
Welcome!:D

·
Registered Used
342 Posts
:vrodforu:

If you like it - Buy it!!!
At least if its black you can spray it yourself. Same goes for the exhaust. Saw one the other day with heat tape on the exhaust - looked really mean.

·
Making the UK Fatter
2,606 Posts
Welcome from me.

Clives right about these things taking some looking after. You only have to look at some of the demonstrators at the dealers, they are corroded to hell.

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanks for the input, i'll have a close look at the demonstrators as the dealer has 2, one with mid and one with forward controls. at least the weather is going to be good. even washed my own bike tonight when i got home, polish tommorow so it will look a bit better parked with the tassle tractors on wednesday.

·
Rallycaust Survivor
11,141 Posts
:welcome:

·
2" of dangling death
10,933 Posts
welcome

·
Premium Member
2,534 Posts
Welcome.