Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put my rod on the drag dyno when I was in Daytona.ET was 10.451.MPH was 127.300.Hp was 119.7.I have never done this before and was very nervous.My reaction time was terrible.I could have made a ham sandwich and ate it in the time it took for me to launch.With practice I think that I could get into the 9's.1/2 mile was 136.600 MPH.ET was 17.350.Reaction time was better but I'm not giving any #s.I hit the rev limiter close to the end.I think it's capable of low 16s with practice.The Hp was lower than other dyno trys and I attribute this to no fans.It did'nt overheat like the jap bikes,just not enough air to the intake.I had the top on.I was using 104 unlead.The other tests were done with 100 unlead and fans, and had an average of 121 HP. :thumb:

Elrod on the V-rod

·
spit happens
5,534 Posts
How's come your running race gas :confused: Have you been tuned for race gas?Just wondering because,the reports I have gotten.Is that it doesn't help on our v-rods.

·
The Tin Man
2,153 Posts
You will lose HP with 104 - octane slows the burn and decreses HP. Elrod - now you need to try it at a drag strip and you will really have some fun - drop the clutch off of the last yellow bulb - .KSP

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I normally run the 100 because it increases the torque at 45 to 50 Mph range and I can feel the increase on the street.The 104 was the lowest race gas at Daytona and I mixed it.
I know how to do the tree.I was nervous and it's been since 1995 at the track.I'll get it.I want to change the clutch and have a tire and rim set up just for the track.

Elrod on the V-Rod

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
10.45 @ the dyno drags is a 12.50's in real life at the track!Those things are a Joke.I ran 8's on one before so I know not very accurate but they are fun! :cool:

·
Registered
974 Posts
At the H-D 100th I seen a Nitrous powered Big Block chevy in a Boss Hoss snap the strp on the right side.
The bike ended up with a mid 9 run with 587 HP.
That gave me goosebumps.
It was set up at Hal's H-D in New Berlin.
Cool way to spend a little cash.

BobT

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's something I wanted to try since Biketoberfest.There is no wind or bumps or too sticky of a launch pad to deal with.It's almost a perfect condition but it was fun.They said the best V-Rod run was 140 hp.The bike belongs to St.Pete harley.The best ever was a 6.30 on a Boss with a girl rider on the bottle.

Elrod on the V-Rod

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
on my pass it made 152.6 in 105 weather! :yak: That was a 175 in dyno room!
Those things aren't Very ACCURATE! :tmbsdow:

·
Registered
13 Posts
My shops vrod won the teresi dyno drags championship in pomona. we were running 140 HP and 90 ft lb of torque on our dynojet and showed 138 on teresi's. we turned a 9.645 at 138 (rev limiter) and won the shootout for the fastest 8 NA american twins that they had run in the previous year. Last weekend we took it to the AMI brute horsepower shootout in daytona and won the vrod class there on their superflow showing 134 HP (everybody's #'s were down about 10 % on the superflow). We are hoping to get it to bradenton soon for some real world times.

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Bueller,
First- Welcome to the VRF!Second- please tell us a Little more about yourself, the Shop ,and the Bike!Thrid- Congradulation on the win! :diablo:

·
Registered
13 Posts
well my name is ken settle, and i'm a tech at jim's hd st petersburg. our vrod was built by a fellow tech scott korol with a zippers big bore, our own big bore throttle body, supertrapp 2-1 exhaust, zippers cams and so on. That friggin bike is a monster. we also run a xb9r in thunderbike and florida ccs.

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Ken,
thanks for the Intro and invite your fellow workers on over!Sounds like your shop has a Strong motor program! :thumb: Sam just got a Little over 150 rwhp with the BBR Motor he's finishing up for Terry Vaugan.I'm doing one but a Little more Radical since I have 100 xtra Hp of Nitrous Oxide I'm Ramming Down Her Throat!Should be an Honest 250 rwhp Bike . :diablo:

·
Registered
13 Posts
I forgot to mention that wes at cycle rama contributed head work and falicon polished and balanced the crank... wouldn't want to leave those guys out

1 - 15 of 15 Posts