Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I removed the sensor from the outter airbox and plugged it back in before I turned the power/ignition on so as not to throw a computer code...

The Tab tuner sits up in the front on top of the battery, the temperature sensor rests close their to. I thought about drilling a small/similar 1/4" hole up front in the lower half of the airbox just to keep it steady.... is this a big issue, or can I simply leave it loose on top of the battery? I mean, its not going anywhere nor interferring with anything?

·
Kicking cancer's ass
969 Posts
I drilled two holes and zip-tied at the front edge sticking straight up.

·
That U in my mirror?
1,511 Posts
I agree with the above. I have a picture in my gallery.

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
I just had to replace mine. I laid it in the air-box and secured the lead with velcro. The end was resting on the bottom of the air-box and the vibration wore the end at a 45 degree angle until the two encapsolated conductors were exposed. I secured it at the front right where the dirt enters the filter this time.

·
Premium Member
7,727 Posts
If you look in the pic below you will see my sensor mounted in the front of the airbox lower half. In the front left corner of it. I simply drilled a hole slightly smaller than the prongs and pushed it through. I also put a rubber washer on the backside just in case although I do not think it is necessary.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You guys are awesome... tray, 02man, thanks for the ideas.

I like 02man's set up, I'll do the same, drill a small hole and mount similarly...

Thanks guys,
Mark

1 - 8 of 8 Posts