Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 08 Night Rod has been acting up lately and I was wondering if somebody had any suggestions. It is stock except for Tab exhaust and Tab fuel manager. Recently it started cutting out randomly. Acting like something electrical cuts off shortly and then acts fine. It doesn't shut off but power is lost for about a second. It did it four times over a 200 mile trip. Now I can't get it to do it (haven't tried a whole lot more) but the check engine light comes on for about 10 seconds after the bike is turned on and goes off. Could this be a problem with the fuel manager. Thanks.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are earth mounts where the ground connects to the bike. If so I've checked those and there are tight. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
check where the fuel manager connects to the wiring on the bike.the terminal pins may need attention.

·
Premium Member
1,302 Posts
My bet is on the fueler’s connection to the fuel injector…

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The code was P0113. I'm not sure what it was but I replaced the Tab Fueler and it went away. Thanks for all of the help.

·
Registered
248 Posts
P0113 is IAT sensor related, i believe....

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You are probably right on the IAT sensor. I believe that is the one connected to the air box. I started the bike without it connected once and the light came on after that. I reconnected it and it went away initially but would come on for a bout 10 seconds after the bike was running then it would go away. Was that to let me know there was a historic code in the system?

·
Premium Member
6,248 Posts
You are probably right on the IAT sensor. I believe that is the one connected to the air box. I started the bike without it connected once and the light came on after that. I reconnected it and it went away initially but would come on for a bout 10 seconds after the bike was running then it would go away. Was that to let me know there was a historic code in the system?
You have a historic DTC stored. You need to clear it (explanation of how to do this is here) or the CEL will keep appearing for 8 seconds after the initial 4 second illumination after turning the ignition on. Or you can wait for 50 good “ignition cycles” for it to clear automatically.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts