Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Autobanmod
9,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
some parts arrived today for my new project

new oil and fuel lines, fittings, bulkhead penetrations, adapters, clamps, hoses,...

pretty stuff to play with :)

Attachments

·
Killer Service Inc.
8,957 Posts
very nice...

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
Loving it, Jan. Any hints as to what your latest mad-man project is going to be? What are your goals for this monster motor build?

·
LIFETIME MEMBER
1,373 Posts
some parts arrived today for my new project

new oil and fuel lines, fittings, bulkhead penetrations, adapters, clamps, hoses,...

pretty stuff to play with :)
You've got way too much money :) Nice look'en stuff... That should spiff up that Rod rather nicely :)...

·
Premium Member
11,380 Posts
Don't look like normal V-Rod parts. What are you gonna do with all that stuff?

·
Killer Service Inc.
8,957 Posts
TURBO !!! Real BIG TURBO

lol

·
Registered
821 Posts
Looks like a banjo bolt in one of those pics. Custom turbo build on the way?

·
Premium Member
13,343 Posts
He keeps getting passed on the AutoBahn by suped up VW's.:D

·
Autobanmod
9,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Loving it, Jan. Any hints as to what your latest mad-man project is going to be? What are your goals for this monster motor build?
:)
Not another monster, just cosmetics and little improvements.
The existing oil lines are custom made and the AN connections have become rather hard. The existing lines are a mix of welded pipes with pressed-on PTFE hoses.

The planned layout of the new lines is roughly indicated in the two photos below.
The right side of the bike is the tricky one, the oil supply to the turbo is presently connected to the banjo screw on the oil filter housing.

Also I plan to replace the stock fuel lines with StSt braided hoses and proper AN fittings, that includes also the lines inside the fuel tank and the fuel rail on the throttle body will be removed.
I plan to install either a second 4,2 bar fuel pump in parallel to the existing pump, or go for a 255 l/hr Walbro pump. Probably I will also install a new filler cap but for that a custom made billet tank cover/flange would be required. Not clear yet which way I go but there are plenty of ideas :)

Attachments

·
Autobanmod
9,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
He keeps getting passed on the AutoBahn by suped up VW's.:D
My VW Corrado "Black Porsche Killer" *RIP* would have smoked any stock V-Rod on a running mile. :notworth:
It had a BBM Lysholm screwcompressor, 15 psi boost, abt 300 FWHP, one of the strongest 8V race engines of it's time and with the custom six speed gearbox the top speed was about 170 MPH :angeldev:.

Attachments

·
LIFETIME MEMBER
1,373 Posts
Nice!!! :) Is that blood I see on the braided line in the third pic? :)... Every time I work with stainless lines, I have to have a box full of bandaides around :)...

·
Autobanmod
9,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
lol, that's just a paint pattern on the line

... but I did bleed, they are indeed nasty :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts