Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im considering tearing my bike down to the frame to change the frame color to black. Can anyone tell me how difficult this will be? Ive done several atv's to the frame, but my street rod scares me. any help or insight is greatly appreciated. i have an 06 vrscr by the way.

·
Killer Service Inc.
8,938 Posts
Check out some videos...link in Sig.

not to bad just alot of time.

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
Tearing it down is easy, putting it back together is another thing. Per the previous post its just alot of time. What I found to be a big help, especially when it might be some time before you start the assembly, is to take lots of digital pics as you are disassembling. I also placed all the hardware in ziploc bags and labeled it. You think you will remember where everything goes and how cables and lines are routed but you wont remember. The pics and the ziplocs are a big help.

·
MODOHOLIC ANONYMOUS
7,448 Posts
exactly how much beer will this task take?

·
enigmas
340 Posts
Yes, I've done it. My 2004 VROD used to be silver now its black.

Half way down the page on this link.
http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126589&page=3&highlight=toasted

Its a lot easier if it hasn't been on fire as you will know where the parts will go.

Note: The only problem you may have is if the pivot shaft is seized. The rest is just a Mechano set. Take photos as a record as you dismantle the bike and everything should be straight forward if you're handy with spanners.

·
Premium Member
5,720 Posts
exactly how much beer will this task take?
Depends on how fast/often you need to drink...I can tear one down in 4 hours but I don't stop (maybe a sip of iced tea occassionally).

·
reservation dogs
1,993 Posts
It's easy my best time for a take down is under three hours and putting it back together in under six hours. Bag and tag everything and takeing pictures the first time helps in re-assembly.

·
Premium Member
1,053 Posts
I did this years ago to a Honda 900. Took all of half a day to pull it down in big chunks. But label everything you remove, saves lots of time on reassembly. Just got it all together and got transferred overseas! My buddy ended up with it!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts