Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What mods have you done to make your bike more comfortable. I am 6'4'', I am ordering the t bars, but need more leg room

·
Registered
696 Posts
TIM said:
What mods have you done to make your bike more comfortable. I am 6'4'', I am ordering the t bars, but need more leg room
I've been looking at several options to relocate the foot pegs forward for more comfort and up just a little for more ground clearance. Undecided at this point!

·
Registered
41 Posts
VrodG said:
Search VrodG in the photo gallery and pics of my controls are there, I'm 6.6
So who did the work, or is it somethiing I can do myself? I am also 6' 6" and would like to make the same mods. :biker:

·
G'Day mate
175 Posts
Extended forward controls

Hi Guys,

ChopperSteve at V-Mod.com has extensions for your forward controls, that come in either anodised or chrome. They're made from billet aluminium and look pretty sharp and are supposed to give you and extra 2 inches of leg room.

I ordered a set from him last month, hopefully they will be turning up any day now.

Here's a link - http://www.v-mod.com/shop/viewCategory.asp?CID=337,346

Smasha

·
Banned
924 Posts
If you just need an inch or so, the quick and dirty is to purchase the Harley "reduced reach peg mounts" (part #50270-02A) and mount them backwards. It's quick and easy to do yourself with no custom tools. I just did it to mine and it worked out great...

I also changed to drag bars and a lower seat. this combo works great for me... :thumb:

·
Registered
9 Posts
i'm 6'4" and i just got the reduced reach footpeg kit for $133 from my harley dealer and had him install it backward. it pushed the pegs down and out. plus it looks good and is cheaper than some of the other aftermarket forward control kits...

·
Greg/Moderator
18,951 Posts
navanjun......That's a good start I'm looking to add the rrp to my forward controls. If you get those legs stretched out. then you will smile. :laugh:

·
Chad 02 V-ROD
1,364 Posts
that v-mod extender is not cheap I'm 6' so stock is not bad 300.00 bucks seems alittle much for the v-mod. Maybe I will look at the harley pegs. :2cents:

·
Banned
924 Posts
runit1971 said:
that v-mod extender is not cheap I'm 6' so stock is not bad 300.00 bucks seems alittle much for the v-mod. Maybe I will look at the harley pegs. :2cents:
runit1971,
I'm also 6' with a 34" in-seam. The HD reduced reach turned around backwards is a perfect fit.

·
Registered
41 Posts
glz said:
runit1971,
I'm also 6' with a 34" in-seam. The HD reduced reach turned around backwards is a perfect fit.
So what do you think HD reduced reach will do for 6' 6", 36" in-seam? $133.00 seems a lot more appealing than $300 plus, but I'm will to pay $300 plus if the HD don't do it for me. If anyone my height has tried the HD reduced reach pegs please let me know your thoughts so I can make an educated decision. :helpme:

·
Greg/Moderator
18,951 Posts
air1kdf.... has the best bang for the buck ,my understanding that he has the forward controls about done. he should be able to build to fit the taller rider.I'm 6.6 with 4in forwards controls and still want more,the HD reduced reach controls are good for only 1 to 2 inches.Get what you need the first time. Greg

·
Banned
924 Posts
awtrott said:
So what do you think HD reduced reach will do for 6' 6", 36" in-seam? $133.00 seems a lot more appealing than $300 plus, but I'm will to pay $300 plus if the HD don't do it for me. If anyone my height has tried the HD reduced reach pegs please let me know your thoughts so I can make an educated decision. :helpme:
I think the inseam is the most important number for your legs, if you're 6'6" you're arms are going to be a problem that could result in neck fatigue without shorter bars. The solution I used gives about 1" forward, 1" down and about 1/2" out on each side. Your inseam is only 2" more than mine. I would try the HD solution (only takes about 15 minutes to install) and it it does not work, return them and check out some of the other solutions. I have to say, I don't like the pegs lower and moved outward ONLY because hard cornering could result in rubbing. Overall, I'm VERY HAPPY... :2cents:

Greg

·
Greg/Moderator
18,951 Posts
Greg.... I wasn't throwing stones at your fix, but I have a 36" in seam and I would like to have more leg room. Good luck Greg

·
Banned
924 Posts
VrodG said:
Greg.... I wasn't throwing stones at your fix, but I have a 36" in seam and I would like to have more leg room. Good luck Greg
No problem Greg. :slap: I was only responding to awtrott's question. Each of us are different, I like that. It would get real boring if we all had the same thoughts.

Greg

PS; Very weird having the same name. It looks like I'm talking to myself :stilpoke:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts