Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know most of you are sick of this conversation But.....
I want to get a new seat I have it narrowed down to the Tallboy and the Sundowner. I am about 6'2" and I would really rather not lose any more leg room, That being said From what I have seen the Tallboy kinda looks like an old Indian seat slapped on a modern bike with shoe box planted in the back for the passenger. I would go with the Corbin or a Bitchen custom but nearing and surpassing the $1,000 mark seems a bit steep to me :broke: . So if any one who is taller than 6' who has a Sundowner would be kind enough to tell me how bad it pushes you up and foward I would love to hear about it. Also anyone with a Tallboy that isn't as turned off by its astetics as I am I am willing to listen to your arguement! (has anyone else noticed how on the H-D photo of the Tallboy they don't show the whole bike just enough to show the seat?) Thanks all

·
Chrome is king!!!
20,269 Posts
If you're that tall then the Sundowners not for you. I'm 5'10" and the Sundowner pushed me to far forward. I have the Tallboy now and I'm fine.

·
Registered Abuser
2,894 Posts
I agree, I am a short bastard at 5'8" and the sundowner does push you forward. Not too much for me, but I am even starting to think about a different seat. One that looks better. I may go for the Corbin seat now, I hear it works and looks great.

·
JeffC 1/2 to 300mph!
5,733 Posts
Sundowner was more comfortable but, at 6'2" even with extended pegs it was too close.
When I get my new seat done I'll have a Sundowner for sale. I'm just using stock for now but keep the other for when I need passengers space.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Ggecko is 6'6" and has no problem.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I've had both and the Tallboy is by far my preference, about the same comfort as the Sundowner but moves you back, at your height I wouldn't even consider the Sundowner.:2cents:

·
Premium Member
1,296 Posts
I'm 6' 2" and have the tallboy. It's a milion times better than stock, but I think if I had to do it over again I'd have gone with the Sundowner. I am also what you might call horizontally gifted (but working on that)! :D

If you look at the picture to your left, that's what a 3' tall 2 year old (at the time) looks like on a tallboy.

·
Jeff
1,306 Posts
6'9" and love the tallboy.

Jeff

1 - 11 of 11 Posts