Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need opinions on best way to go for Bike to Bike and Bike to Passenger Communications. Yes, money is a concern, but quality sound trumps all.
Best place to bury the boxes and tap into the electrical would help.....on a2007 VRSCAW. Thanks!

·
Ducking for cover!
8,455 Posts
If money is a concern, then YELL REALLY LOUDLY! Seems to work ok for me :D

·
LOS ANGELES
1,757 Posts
TexasV-Rod said:
If money is a concern, then YELL REALLY LOUDLY! Seems to work ok for me :D
:rofl: but seriously, I wanna know too.

·
Jay Johnston
1,732 Posts
capncarp said:
Need opinions on best way to go for Bike to Bike and Bike to Passenger Communications. Yes, money is a concern, but quality sound trumps all.
Best place to bury the boxes and tap into the electrical would help.....on a2007 VRSCAW. Thanks!
I just ordered a set of the new blue tooth Chatterbox units, they are radio with capability for up to two bluetooth accesories (i.e. phone & iPod). I will let you know how they work when they get here and we can check them out.

·
Ducking for cover!
8,455 Posts
Shadow11 said:
I just ordered a set of the new blue tooth Chatterbox units, they are radio with capability for up to two bluetooth accesories (i.e. phone & iPod). I will let you know how they work when they get here and I GET THESE STUPID CASTS OFF MY ARMS!!!.
Fixed :D

You mean this? http://www.chatterboxusa.com/x1_bluetooth.html

·
Ducking for cover!
8,455 Posts
So, MSRP of $399.... $798 for you and the passenger?

·
Jay Johnston
1,732 Posts
TexasV-Rod said:
So, MSRP of $399.... $798 for you and the passenger?
Nope eBay $685.00 +$12.00 shipping = $697.00 for two new units, We got them from a Chatterbox authorized dealer selling on eBay, I got a tracking number today and they are enroute, should be delivered on the 8th.

Site: eBay.com
Item Number: 170134482674
Title: Chatterbox GMRS X1 BLUETOOTH 2 NEW UNITS
Seller Email: [email protected]
Quantity: 1
Price: $685.00

·
Ducking for cover!
8,455 Posts
But the point was - you gotta have two of 'em.

The versatility may make it worth it!

·
Jay Johnston
1,732 Posts
TexasV-Rod said:
But the point was - you gotta have two of 'em.

The versatility may make it worth it!
Ooops Sorry, yes you have to have at least two of them.

I know since the wife and I have been riding together a bunch we have needed something like this numerous times. I have done some research on less expensive alternatives and to be honest from what I have found out it is not worth the compromise. So we bit the bullet and ordered these. I have read reports on some of the older chatterbox units and some have been good and some not so good, but all I have read about these new units so far have been favorable. I guess I will know for sure soon enough.

I am also Director of the MMP (Motorcycle Mentorship Program) here at our military installation so I will use this as a way to evaluate these as a possible option for our Road Captains for our sponsored rides. If they work out I may try to get the command to pony up some safety dollars and purchase some for our chapter.

·
Premium Member
1,084 Posts
If you want to go cheap, get FRS radios with Fox throat mics and ear pieces.

LINK HERE

·
Premium Member
3,056 Posts
I thought i had gone deaf for 4 hours last weekend. Turns out her chatterbox had just not mated up.

·
Premium Member
1,084 Posts
I have an Autocom and ride with it regularly. The new fox setup works well too, in fact, it picks up less background noise than the Autocom. The VROD generates a lot of background noise. The ads you see with autocom folks talking at 100mph could not be done on a V. The max usable speed for talking on a phone (no background noise) is 50mph when riding the VROD.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts