Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
THUNDER X 2
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Time to put the bike away for the year. Local speed shop sells Amsoil 20-50 syn, $8.95 a quart. Good price but he only had 3 left and would not be ordering any more for awhile. Local HD stealership also has it at $12.95 a quart. A 4 dollar markup per quart. BASTARDS had me by the short hairs for 2 quarts.

·
Isld Shite Disturber
1,040 Posts
Time to put the bike away for the year. Local speed shop sells Amsoil 20-50 syn, $8.95 a quart. Good price but he only had 3 left and would not be ordering any more for awhile. Local HD stealership also has it at $12.95 a quart. A 4 dollar markup per quart. BASTARDS had me by the short hairs for 2 quarts.
your getting away cheap...haha,, buy it here in Canada if you want a real screw job
http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/browse/4/Auto/3/AutoFluidsChemicals/PowersportChemicals/PRD~0281779P/Amsoil%2BSynthetic%2BMotorcycle%2BOil.jsp?locale=en

sure thats listed in Cad dollars but it converts to $19.57 USD...now that's what I call a screw job...

·
Premium Member
7,727 Posts
I would make sure it is the Motorcycle 20w-50 for the best product for your bike. It would be product code MCV on the back of the bottle. It may be the standard 20w-50 that he has.

·
LIFETIME MEMBER
1,373 Posts
All you have to do is become a preferred customer, it costs like $25 a year and you can have the oil delivered right to your door at cost...

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
If they aren't handling the oil anymore,could be they sold you the oil for what they paid to get rid of it.
In the biz,if he did pay $8.95 for a product,it should list for a minimum price of $15.13 per quart.There are times on certain products that we pay $100 and less,we have to mark the product up as high as 125% in order to meet overhead expenses.In a repair shop,this is where the electric and employee clothing bill money comes from.
69% is typical mark up in most retail sales stores,yes,including the big name stores that no one likes.Just they buy more and get a better price.:deal:

·
AIM Bagger Edition
7,798 Posts
It's no different up here.

In the spring I bought a bottle of " Harley Gloss."

This is the stuff you spray on and wipe off so you don't have to wash the bike if it doesn't really need it. Mostly for removing bug splat where I live.

The price for a bottle went from $ 10.99 in the Spring to $ 14.99 in the Fall.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I am sure he did:barf:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts