Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So apparently removing a tail light is too complicated for me. After I stick a screwdriver in that little hole is there a trick I should know about to get the tail light out??

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've got a service manual and that's what it says too. I just feel like I'm hitting a flat metal surface no clicks or snapping going on and tail light isn't moving. Feeling quite ignorant at the moment lol

·
Premium Member
1,053 Posts
Its a crude way of installing the light, might be easier to carefully unbolt the rear fender and change the bulb that way.

·
Livin the dream
261 Posts
Its a crude way of installing the light, might be easier to carefully unbolt the rear fender and change the bulb that way.
This is how I do it as well. The metal clip is a PITA and removing the fender is very easy.

·
Premium Member
10,801 Posts
Relax! It is easier to remove the passenger seat, remove the rear fender, look at the clip and how it fastens, and then remove the taillight. The next time, you will be able to do it confidently, and not screw up paint or sheetmetal. How do I know? I had the same issue! Could not get the friggin thing off! This was pre-forum, so I had to ruin some paint to figure it out. Don't. 2 nuts on the seat, 6 on the fender. Mystery solved!
Good luck! Joe

·
Captain DeadPool
660 Posts
i pulled the red light cover off the chrome plastic piece it is attached to....i love silocone...its great for little fixes like that and:boobs: i know they switched to saline but who cares

1 - 8 of 8 Posts