Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I fixed my tail light problems towards the end of last season, but obviously not. I broke the arms on the top that hold underneath the top lid off. I bought some plexi, glued with epoxy and voile! Well, then a couple weeks later it broke again and my backup that I fixed the same way broke also. I use the popular CA w/integrated signals and the stock as backup. I believe that the metal clips might need adjusting to reduce the tension to keep it from popping up. I'm not sure. Would my extra personal gains this last year make the inner fender slap up and knock them out? I'm clueless and obviously can't ride my bike without the tail light. Any suggestions on fixing this or adjusting this would be greatly appeciated.

Britt H.
2003 VRSCA

·
Banned
8,925 Posts
I don't know why Such a big deal all around the forum messing around with the dog's arse and then they get all sorts of problems! If it came from the factory the way they end up being modded, then everyone would want them like they actually come! We are never happy with what we have/get, LOL!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Modded or not

I'm looking to just be legal at this point. The only reason I have the CA on their to begin with is because I ripped off the rear turn signal dodging a drunk pedestrian. I'll certainly go back to stock, if you can tell me how to get it to behave. Please, share some of your knowledge.

·
Banned
8,925 Posts
I can't help since my arse is stock...at least for now, haha! Surely someone more knowledgable will kick in soon...

·
Premium Member
5,719 Posts
It is a commom problem that when removing the DA the inner fender contacts the outer fender and pops the tailight out. One thing to do is to shorten up the harness with a zip-tie so that when/if the top tabs brake the light doesn't fly out and hit your wheel or anything else (I speak from experience :banghead:). Also here is a link to the thread on how to repair/reinforce the tabs: http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12044

·
Premium Member
2,724 Posts
britt, if you cant fix it send me a PM, i might have a taillight you can use.

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
Before I installed a HeavyCycles light I had drop off problems also. I resolved the issue by generous use of Duct tape on the underside of the fender.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Is this problem only on the earlier (say pre 07) bikes? I removed my dogs ass 2 years and 10k miles ago and never had the tail light pop off.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts