Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been trying to remove the tail light but haven't had any luck...

Maybe I'm being too careful, but do I have to lift real hard on the light as i'm pushing a screw driver into the hole in the plate light?

Or does it just pop off easily?

The screw driver seems to be slipping on that aluminum clip.

:confused:

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ooops! I forgot we have all these how to's...

Thanks Max! Thats just what I need.

Leon

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Leon we don't have near all of the how-to's that we need but we have a couple. If anyone is interested in making a how to feel free to make them up and bring them to my attention or mjw930 and we can move them to the how-to area.

Max

·
Gruntman
49 Posts
How To Remove Your Tailight

Well, I removed my tailight to install the Signal Dynamics Brake Light Modulator and it only took about five minutes. During testing it worked fine. Now here comes the good part! I tried to reinstall the tailight per the factory manual and it was very difficult. Seems the black clips/tabs on the taillight assembly would not lock in under the tailight opening in the fender. The HD stock clips are very small and very fragile! How do I know? Well, I broke one off and had to order a new taillight assembly for $90 less 15% because the dealer felt sorry for me! In the meantime, I used double sided tape to hold the assembly in so, I could ride the bike. Also, when you take the assembly out, you might consider replacing the bulb with the HD heavy duty one! I don't know if anyone else has had this problem, but HD should have designed a different assembly!

Thanks,

Edman:biker:

Remember: Rangers Lead The Way! Hooah!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts