Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to see if anyone has found an easy fit for an LED tail light assembly and turn signals. Most require too many mods. 2006 VRSCA.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks I found one that you have to work with for the turn signals, a little filing required but you have to get a load equalizer. Are the LEDs worth the trouble? I live in AZ. and lots of snowbirds here that have trouble driving. I want to be as visible as possible. Thanks.

·
beer me
240 Posts
Custom Dynamics

Buy some stingers and just wire em up to your rear turn sigs, I don't think the draw would be any issue.

·
Registered
69 Posts
That heavycycles taillight is sweet!

btw I have a brand new load equalizer I don't need. PM if you're interested.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
for the turn signals, do I splice the HC led before the junction box on the turn signals or after the junction boxes? I don't think it matters but want to be sure. Thanks

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I suck. I cut the purple wire and the brown wire and spliced them to the HC LED. Now no turn signals in the back either the stock or the LED come on. Brake light works fine. License plate light comes on as does the HC running light. Security system will not flash, and bike will not start. If you guys have an answer to this I would love to hear it. I can wire pretty much anything but automotive always kicks me in the lower region.

·
Isld Shite Disturber
1,040 Posts
did you check your fuses? also when working on anything electrical......always, always, always pull the maxi-fuse.......

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Pulled the Maxi fuse first thing. Checked all the fuses and now security system doesn't work so bike won't start. What was suppose to be a 10 minute job is now 2 hours old and getting older. I guess I need to reset the security system which of course will probably require some time of calculus knowledge.:banghead::banghead:

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Okay, I took everything apart and rewired it again. Amazing bike started all turn signals and lights work perfect. I am not joking I wired it exactly the way it was the first time. Me and plumbing and automotive wiring just don't get along on the first shot.

THANKS SO MUCH FOR ALL THE HELP.

Dave

1 - 14 of 14 Posts