Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey F'ers
I have been looking at either a full system or slip on's.
I want LOUD, but don't want to sacrafice performance.
I was looking at Vlux, but the cons don't outway the pros.

Are the tabs really loud?
If anyone is in the Mass area I would love to hear em!

·
Registered
230 Posts
Hey Stevie, the Vance and Hines competition slip ons are loud but have a nice sound to them and don't sacrifice performance at all. Maybe take a look at them as well.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have the TAB slip ons and I love them. They are just loud enough to make your ears ring, and I like the look better then the the V&H. I do have a good vid of mine, but I cant seem to get it to play on anything other than my phone.:banghead:
Check this out.

·
Registered
85 Posts
If you want real loud, you can pull the baffels. 1 bolt and 2 rivots. The guy I talked to a TAB said that that makes it crazy loud! They will answer any question you have. They're real helpful. Good luck.

·
LIFESHORTRIDEHARD
1,164 Posts
If you want real loud, you can pull the baffels. 1 bolt and 2 rivots. The guy I talked to a TAB said that that makes it crazy loud! They will answer any question you have. They're real helpful. Good luck.
The baffles will wiggle past the rivets. You don't have to pull those. Holy god its obnoxiously loud when you pull the baffles and you lose power. totally not worth it. I'm running 2" baffles. You want to hear them? Check out the sound clip vid

·
JustSayNoToSlipons.
191 Posts
If you must do slip ons, I think the tabs look better. I went with the v&h 2-1 and would not change it for anything. I don't think its to loud, I would like it louder. Gunna take the baffle out soon and see how that sounds. Slipons are a waste to me, Just like changing just the mufflers on a car. Full system is the only way to go, my two cents. I am sure I will get blasted for saying no to slipons, oh well.

·
Registered
67 Posts
If you must do slip ons, I think the tabs look better. I went with the v&h 2-1 and would not change it for anything. I don't think its to loud, I would like it louder. Gunna take the baffle out soon and see how that sounds. Slipons are a waste to me, Just like changing just the mufflers on a car. Full system is the only way to go, my two cents. I am sure I will get blasted for saying no to slipons, oh well.
Any problems burning you leg with the V&H 2into1? I noticed they only have a small heat shield.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hey 12YM any videos or pics of the VH2-1 would be appreciated. I'm with you I think performance wise they would be better than slip-ons. Did you go ceramic black or stainless? I emailed them and they said the ceramic pipes are only coated on the outside.

Have you compared the loudness to another muscle running slip-ons in person to compare?

·
JustSayNoToSlipons.
191 Posts

Everyone I know locally with a vrod has a full system. No need to hear the slipons to me.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have had my tabs for 1k miles and love the sound. I just flew past a buddie in a tunnel WOT he was nit so happy after that. Lol

·
Registered
446 Posts
Ok I'm doing a video of my V&H Slip Ons (lol)
I'll do various situations, at idle, pulling of easy, Pulling Off, Pulling a nice hole shot, then a 50 mph pass, then a 100 plus pass
You won't get the real of an exhaust from idling or just pulling off easy.
Not sayin my V&H are any better than what everyone else is running but why not get a real taste.
I do like the look of the Tabs over the V&H but when you ride a bike called the Muscle better sound like it. LoL

·
LIFESHORTRIDEHARD
1,164 Posts
Ok I'm doing a video of my V&H Slip Ons (lol)
I'll do various situations, at idle, pulling of easy, Pulling Off, Pulling a nice hole shot, then a 50 mph pass, then a 100 plus pass
You won't get the real of an exhaust from idling or just pulling off easy.
Not sayin my V&H are any better than what everyone else is running but why not get a real taste.
I do like the look of the Tabs over the V&H but when you ride a bike called the Muscle better sound like it. LoL
Nice I have been thinking of doing the same thing. I cant wait to hear yours. This was about a medium takeoff of mine.

·
LIFESHORTRIDEHARD
1,164 Posts
Hey F'ers
I have been looking at either a full system or slip on's.
I want LOUD, but don't want to sacrafice performance.
I was looking at Vlux, but the cons don't outway the pros.

Are the tabs really loud?
If anyone is in the Mass area I would love to hear em!
Ok Homies. My ears are ringing. I just decided to try something on a whim. I had this thought... I didn't like the way the open loop tuner performed with the baffles out but what about NOW with the auto tuner????!!!! As you know its 2 bolts to pull the baffles and WHOA BUDDY!!! LOUD is an understatement. I figured what the heck Ill take it around the block... Then that sounded good so I took it down the main st to see how it performed at surface st speed... I liked that so the next thing I know I'm getting on the freeway and WOW it is performing exactly like it does with the baffles (which is awesome BTW) and I am in shock right now!! I am going to roll to work like this tomorrow morning to see how it does in cooler weather... Ill let you all know tomorrow. I think the baffles in are one step lower than the Big shots but with the baffles out the only comparison I can make is the sounds heard down at your local speedway... You know what I mean... No mufflers LOL.

·
LIFESHORTRIDEHARD
1,164 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Having an issue uploading right now and gotta head out to practice Will get them up tonight after 10

And That Yellow Is GREAT!

·
Registered
446 Posts

I know its kind of long but I figured I would try and give a couple different angles so to speak. And this was taken with an EVO 3d android phone so I'm sure the sound quality could be better. And my wife not leaving the car running the entire time lol

1 - 20 of 36 Posts