Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered the kit yesterday, pipes, tuner, filter....

I ordered the "Turn Out" tabs.... I thought they looked cooler than the straight "Slash Cut"....

The Turn Out's dont mention whether they're baffled or not, I'm assuming NOT as the price is $229, same as the non baffled straight pipes.

Stevs mentioned in my other thread that the baffles are removable in the straight pipes... is this correct?

What's the general concensus on pipes... baffled or not?

·
Registered
92 Posts
The turn outs are not baffled and I don't think they can be. My slash cuts have removeable baffles. For the area I live, I need baffles. I liked it better without.

·
I'm 'avin hoops
695 Posts
This is strange, I sent Todd an email asking if the baffles were removable on the Tab pipes - this is his reply....

Kieron,

They are welded inside the pipe so they will not come out.

Todd

You may want to check with Todd....

·
Registered
45 Posts
hi mark... it is my understanding that the removable baffles on the slash cut pipes is a relatively new feature. the pipes have a small screw a few inches from the slash that captures the baffle. I have not tried to take them apart, but am assuming it would require a little finesse and a hammer :)

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just talked with Todd at Tab,

He's on vacation, he'll be back in on Tuesday and I'll have the pipes by the end of next week most likely. I'm on the GA/TN line and he's on the TN/KY line.... TN is a skinny state :)

Yeah, he said he's got a set of baffled pipes that are bolted to the end, so you can remove them at will... the Tab Computer Tuner I ordered has several setting already preprogrammed, 1) stock pipes 2) slash cuts with baffles 3) slash cuts without baffles.

I like the turn outs for looks better, but the slash cuts for versatility...

So Yes, I changed the order to the slash cuts with removable baffles.

·
Registered
45 Posts
your going to be very happy. after install and tuning, majority of the shop was outside with phrases like and similar to "that sounds fierce" and "nice freak'in choice on pipes." good luck

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have the black turn-out pipes on my DX.

Todd told me the baffles do not come on the turn out pipes, only on the slash cuts.

I love the sound of the pipes w/o the baffles.

I ordered my pipes/filter/manager and had them in 5 days, including the weekend.

·
Registered
488 Posts
I have slashcut with baffles and in my opinion, I think my pipes are a little too loud for my personal preference. I dont really like being the guy that makes nonbikers pissed off at bikers... you know? It's just a tad louder than I'd like it to be... but other than that, I'm very pleased with the product.... so definitely get the baffles unless you want to be really loud.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I here what y'all are saying....

But I live in the country in a very rural area... noise isnt an issue up here yet. All the cops are friends of mine, Im sure I can make as much noise as I can.

Pissing off my neighbors is the least of my concerns... as a matter of fact, I'd like to piss off one in particular who has it coming, we live on 5 acres and his dogs keep pissing/shitting on my bushes, I told him keep his dogs off my property or they might not come home one day :) He also gives me crap about shooting my guns in my back yard (legal in the country outside city limits)...

Anyway, the only reason I want the choice of pipes is 1) Stock pipes for warranty work (dont want to show up with anything non-OEM for warranty work) 2) I want the non-baffled pipes for personal pleasure and 3) baffled slash cut pipes for long cruises with the wife.

Its nice to have the versatility of the best of 3 worlds with Tab's programmer :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts