Votes: 89 50.3%
1 - 20 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys

I've got my Muscle on order and am thinking of either the TAB or the V and H

Has anyone heard both so they can compare the sound of each?

Which do you prefer?

Thanks in advance

Raj

·
Banned
1,923 Posts
I have TAB. So loud I ride with ear plugs. Don't buy the fuel manager. It turns the Fuel injection system into a carbuator. After trying to get the fuel manager tuned for a couple of weeks. I went to Horsepower express in Campbell, Ca. and had it Dyno tuned using Master Tune software. They got 127 horsepower.

Bicep

·
Registered
105 Posts
Ive got V&H and I like them. Never heard Tabs. Both are relatively loud. I ordered inserts for the slip ons but Ive never used them. Think Im getting used to the sound . PC V works great with the pipes.

·
Flat Broke
285 Posts
Which ones have the deeper sound? Are any of the them "Sport Bike" ish?

·
Flat Broke
285 Posts
Tabs are deeper toned then V&H my opinion. Sportbike'ish not so much, especially not the Muscle.
Cool, I have been wanting the TABS for awhile but also like the VH. I was even looking into the 2-1s recently as I get closer to my purchase. I have heard some pipes online that sound pretty high piched. I take into consideration the camera mic but with the nature of the Vrod design, want to be safe. I really want a good deep sound but with the best horsepower gain/potential. My plan is to get PC5 and pipes then go to Stage 2 Cams at some point.

·
Registered
164 Posts
i think the Tab has a nice deep sound to it and offers good performance gains for a slip on. the good thing about the v&h is that you have the option to go with 2 into 1 as well as the normal 2 into 2 look. i personally like the look of the 2 pipes on the muscle as i think it was designed around that look. but the 2into 1 v&h offers a unique look and great performance gains as well. and it gives the bike a different style look with one side clear of a pipe. you may also want to take a look at some of toxic inc products. not to sure about the performance numbers on those pipes but they are unique and sound pretty good. i dont think you can go wrong with the v&h or the tabs, i think it just comes down to price or looks of the 2 into 1 vs the double pipe set up.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Like GIXXBYNITE said you'll likey be happy with either Tab or V&H. Recently Tab raised thier prices a bit from $416 to about $450 so there isn't much of a price difference.

I went back and forth before I finally pulled the trigger on the Tabs. Dont get me wrong I think both pipes look great, but in the end I liked that the Tabs were a little longer and were slash cut. The V&H looked more like a megaphone exhaust in my opinon.

I installed the Tabs this evening and am absolutly in love with the sound. Extremly deep and not overly loud unless you're hard on the throttle then it will get everyone's attention. Fit and finish was top notch and installation took about 20 mins. Very happy with my decision.

·
Banned
1,923 Posts
I agree with the man above. Thats you GIXXBYNITE.

I should elaborate on the sound of the TABS. I said they were so loud I ride with ear plugs, and I do. After many years as a CNC Machinist, I have a hearing loss and must protect my self.
Driving around the neighborhood they sound great. People turn to see whats comming. But in a good way. I pull into Alice's Restaurant and blip the throttle and again people look. Because of the Dyno tune, it reves like a Sprint Car. Great throttle responce and minimal decel poping and cracking.

I brought the bike to the dealer where I bought it. They had never even heard of TAB. But they said they loved the sound. And my bike had 50 more miles on it than when I droped it off. I wonder what they did? They probably where blasting down the 101 freeway.

It's when you crack open the thottle hard that the sound comes out "BIG TIME". Passing a car that has pissed you off. Double down shifting on the freeway. Cruising at 5 grand.
That's when the ear plugs come in handy. With out the ear plugs it causes me pain in my ears. Any one will tell you, if you are experiencing pain you are doing unreversable damage to your ears.

Here's a link to my Dyno report.

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/...s/aaaaaaaaaaaaaamarty09vrod127copy.jpg Bicep

Attachments

·
Registered
164 Posts
I agree with the man above. Thats you GIXXBYNITE.

I should elaborate on the sound of the TABS. I said they were so loud I ride with ear plugs, and I do. After many years as a CNC Machinist, I have a hearing loss and must protect my self.
Driving around the neighborhood they sound great. People turn to see whats comming. But in a good way. I pull into Alice's Restaurant and blip the throttle and again people look. Because of the Dyno tune, it reves like a Sprint Car. Great throttle responce and minimal decel poping and cracking.

I brought the bike to the dealer where I bought it. They had never even heard of TAB. But they said they loved the sound. And my bike had 50 more miles on it than when I droped it off. I wonder what they did? They probably where blasting down the 101 freeway.

It's when you crack open the thottle hard that the sound comes out "BIG TIME". Passing a car that has pissed you off. Double down shifting on the freeway. Cruising at 5 grand.
That's when the ear plugs come in handy. With out the ear plugs it causes me pain in my ears. Any one will tell you, if you are experiencing pain you are doing unreversable damage to your ears.

Here's a link to my Dyno report.

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/...fully they at least gas it up for you.:biker:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Installed my tabs today with 2inch baffle (comes standard on tabs now) very satisfied with the sound, nice deep grumble. Super easy to install.

·
Registered
257 Posts
What does each of them weigh? What do the stock pipes weigh? Are ther any titainum pipes out there?

·
Registered
12 Posts
What does each of them weigh? What do the stock pipes weigh? Are ther any titainum pipes out there?
I went with the Vance & Hines Comp slip-ons with baffles. Sounds awesome. Based on the paperwork it came with, the stock pipes weigh 25.6 lbs and the V&H are 14 lbs. Assuming that's each side. Felt like a bigger difference than that when I took the old ones off and put the new ones on. I don't know how much the TAB pipes weigh or about other options available.

·
Registered
257 Posts
11.6lbs lighter than stock. That is a big weight reduction. Proly worth 2-5hp gain just with the weight reduction.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had the dealership install the V&H 2into1 Competition Series System (black ceramic), along with a high flow air filter and race tuner, before I even picked up my bike (2009 Vivid Black Muscle). The stock system is very disappointing to the ear. Sounds like a Honda...

The V&H system sounds awesome! I am always getting compliments for how she growles. Good tone without being obnoxious. Plus great performance. A little on the expensive side but worth it.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
207 Posts
I had the dealership install the V&H 2into1 Competition Series System (black ceramic), along with a high flow air filter and race tuner, before I even picked up my bike (2009 Vivid Black Muscle). The stock system is very disappointing to the ear. Sounds like a Honda...

The V&H system sounds awesome! I am always getting compliments for how she growles. Good tone without being obnoxious. Plus great performance. A little on the expensive side but worth it.

Enjoy!
is the 2in1 V&H comp series much more freeflowing in terms of airflow? If you took off the 2in1's and put back the stock headers with the V&H comp series slipons, would you need a new Tune?

1 - 20 of 127 Posts