Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Just bought my bike and it was already fitted with TAB slip ons and I just popped the cover off yesterday and found the tuner. It is set on map 2. I know nothing about these things but I know I have a real noticable sputter in low rpms. Like up to 3k or so. How can I fix this??

They are the slash cut ones btw if that makes a difference. Also I assume it has the hi flo filter. Dont know how you would tell the difference but its the same color as the one on tabs site.

Also are there any noticeable gains from running topless? What adjustments should I make?

·
Registered
119 Posts
I Just bought my bike and it was already fitted with TAB slip ons and I just popped the cover off yesterday and found the tuner. It is set on map 2. I know nothing about these things but I know I have a real noticable sputter in low rpms. Like up to 3k or so. How can I fix this??

They are the slash cut ones btw if that makes a difference. Also I assume it has the hi flo filter. Dont know how you would tell the difference but its the same color as the one on tabs site.

Also are there any noticeable gains from running topless? What adjustments should I make?

I have the tab fuel manager also with Tab slip-on pipes on my '08 Nightrod Special. For my setup the tuner is set to #3. I'm not certian but I think your setting should be on #3. I would give Tab a call and ask them. They will be able to tell you the correct setting.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I emailed him yesterday and he didnt mention anything when I said it was on #2. He did send instructions on the tuner but it was common sense stuff like how to richen it up or lean it out by turning the dials. Nothing informative and he didnt seem to know much more than was in the dial. I asked about it stuttering and if that sounds like it was a bit lean and if I should richen it up a bit on the lower rpms. His reply is well I just turn the dials where it needs it (low/mid/high) and if it gets worse I go the other way.... Not the best advice I've ever gotten but I went off of my guess and added one "tickmark" to the low range and half to the mid range and its noticeably better for sure.

·
Registered
80 Posts
For 08 AW with non baffled slash = map#1...........baffled=map#2 as per instruction manual. Adjust fine tune pots as needed. Maps #9 &10 are stock base maps for stock bikes.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah they're baffled. So it is right. I've played with it and got it running pretty good. Broke down and got my V&H comp pipe and PC-V pretuned for my setup :D Soooo they're for sale lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts