Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. Looking to pick up my White Denim Muscle in a couple weeks, and the only thing I really don't like about it is the forward controls. I'm a sportbike rider, so it doesn't feel natural to swing my feet in front of me :)

Does anyone know if the TAB pipes will be an issue with this control placement? I prefer the look and the sound of the TAB setup (I can't stand the look of the V&H), and I would honestly opt for the pipes over the controls if it came down to one over the other.

·
drag racer
6,699 Posts
i haven't seen a muscle with mid controls. the only exhaust that I'm aware of that tab makes is a slip-on which looks like a chrome turn down you'd put on a car exhaust tail pipe. and i didn't know they made one for a muscle. . welcome to the forum by the way.

also the search function at the top of the page works quiet well too.

·
Upstate Muscle
18 Posts
I to came from a Yamaha R1 to the Muscle this year. My Yamaha is now up for sale and i wouldn't change the forward controls for anything. After 20 years on sportbikes, i finally found a bike that is comfortable. FYI..just put the Vance & Hines slip ons on last week and they sound great. Tabs are cheaply made but that's my 2 cents .

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i haven't seen a muscle with mid controls. the only exhaust that I'm aware of that tab makes is a slip-on which looks like a chrome turn down you'd put on a car exhaust tail pipe. and i didn't know they made one for a muscle. . welcome to the forum by the way.

also the search function at the top of the page works quiet well too.
Thanks for the welcome!

I searched through every F page actually :)

Here's the TAB setup, no turndown here: http://www.tabperformance.com/servlet/the-36/harley-davidson-v-dsh-rod-muscle/Detail

·
drag racer
6,699 Posts
that looks alot better than what they made for earlier year models. you might fins something at kosman the made mid controls for older bikes.

·
Registered
547 Posts
I recently bought a VRSCF Muscle (great bike, terrible name) in gloss black - and I would prefer mid controls too. I found one company over there who supply mid mount controls - V Mod.com - but they do not seem overly interested in responding to email. I am in Perth, Western Australia. I have alsoo checked out Rizoma mids but they would require modifying to fit a VRSCF. and bloody expensive!
I have a set of TAB slip ons - great finish, easy fitting but LOUD!!! I already have tinnutis so I am going to have to work out some method of calming them down. In the meantime I actually don't mind the standard mufflers sort of woofle.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts