Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive just purchased a set of tab non baffled slip ons and SE stage 2 kit, however im just wanting to know if i can fit the tabs and run them for a few weeks without fitting the power commander? as im just saving cash to have the cams fitted and the tune done at the same time.. or would i be better waiting to have it all fitted at once? ive already got a k&n filter and v-mod cans..

·
motorsickle1130
219 Posts
"kaboom!!"

Why Power Commander? The Tab tuner has worked great for me and is simple to use. I still need to fine tune it though, it seems to run rich at cruising RPM's (3500-4500) and super rich above that. Then again I prefer that over the engine leaning out and destroying itself :)
Oh, and definately wait til you have a tuner for it to avoid the above mentioned result (maybe a little exagerated).

·
MSF Ridercoach
276 Posts
Why Power Commander? The Tab tuner has worked great for me and is simple to use. I still need to fine tune it though, it seems to run rich at cruising RPM's (3500-4500) and super rich above that. Then again I prefer that over the engine leaning out and destroying itself :)
Oh, and definately wait til you have a tuner for it to avoid the above mentioned result (maybe a little exagerated).
because he is going further than just the slip ons and the tab tuner isnt tunable enough for it when you start to change the cam etc... i will be changing to a PCV next yr when i change my cam and probably add a supercharger as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.