Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I recieved my TAB's in the mail today. They are the baffled slash cut's for the A model.

I installed them, and the bottom can touches the swing arm when resting. Now when I am sitting on it, the shock compress and they dont touch, but I am afraid of hitting bumps and denting the tips and scratching up my swing arm.

Does anyone else have this issue, if so what did you do? They sound awesome, I like the look, but I dont like the rubbing.

I also dont like the bit of fiberglass I have to trim back.

Contact

glass showing

·
Registered
25 Posts
If I were you I'd call Tab up on the phone and talk to them and see what they say. Not sure if you have or not. But before I purchased my Tabs for my 09 dx I called and talked to them, they were super helpful and friendly. Might see what they have to say.

·
On the Space Coast
60 Posts
If I were you I'd call Tab up on the phone and talk to them and see what they say. Not sure if you have or not. But before I purchased my Tabs for my 09 dx I called and talked to them, they were super helpful and friendly. Might see what they have to say.
:them:

Definitely. Todd will make it right!

·
MSF Ridercoach
276 Posts
The ones on my DX fit great. Looks to me that it would probably be fixed simply with a washer to push it out just a 1/16 or so.

Call Todd and he will take care of ya.

·
Registered
221 Posts
My question about Fiberglass Packed Pipes..........

I may buy a set of Tabs that are baffled but here's my question and concerns. I currently have a set of D&D slip ons and after 6000 miles the fiberglass packing has burned out and now the pipes are louder which I believe means running leaner and that kind of scares me. The bike currently doesn't have a tuner but has had mapping done at the stealership. If I were to buy the Tabs the first thing I would do is take the baffles out and anti-sieze the crap out of them so that when the glass burns out I stand a glimmer of a chance of getting those baffles out to repack them. Believe me when I tell after those baffles have been in the bike for a while, they will rust fast to the inside of the can and you can not pound them out. At least not on the D&D slip ons. I soaked them for two days with PB Blaster and still couldn't budge the baffle. If I do buy the Tabs, I'd probably take the baffles out once a month to make sure they don't get siezed in the cans and become unrepackable. You'll only have this problem with steel cans, aluminum is never a problem.
Just my two cents.
Ed

1 - 7 of 7 Posts