Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

New to the site. Just wanted to add to the info chain regarding TAB and their products.

I've had a bike in my life since 15...that means it's been a while.

Let's just say I've modded everything owned in my life, because more is better, speed is life...even my wife had her boobs done (best mod ever btw...) ANYWAY...

Todd at TAB is probably one of the BEST customer service oriented guys around, answering every possible question from a guy paranoid about doing ANYTHING to a bike that costs this much. It was truly a treat to deal with this company, and I felt very comfortable in investing in this product.

INSTALL:

TAB Slash Cuts (Black)...no baffles, K&N Intake, and TAB Fuel Controller.

From start to finish, it was about an hour...NO lie. Follow the instructions and it is smooth sailing. No kidding...caveman easy.

ONLY ISSUE (and it's NOT an issue): I just didn't know exactly where to put the fuel controller. It ended up on top of the battery...just to the left of center underneath the hole that the airbox cover fits into. Still easy to see, no problem.

I used program #7, as directed by Todd.

An hour after starting the install, I started it up, and damn....angels sung.

OH! I'm in Albuquerque, NM...5300 feet above sea level. NO issues. Smooth.

Loud. No question. But, that's what I wanted. I didn't even consider baffles...that's why I wanted to mod the pipes in the first place. Stock is too quiet for me. And, it was the only thing about the bike that I didn't like when I looked at it...it just didn't flow, just me though.

That's that. Great transaction, great customer service, great product. Well made.

Any questions, give me a holler.

Cheers!

·
insane vrod posse...
2,018 Posts
spankit

1SICKV said:
Hi all,

New to the site. Just wanted to add to the info chain regarding TAB and their products.

I've had a bike in my life since 15...that means it's been a while.

Let's just say I've modded everything owned in my life, because more is better, speed is life...even my wife had her boobs done (best mod ever btw...) ANYWAY...

Todd at TAB is probably one of the BEST customer service oriented guys around, answering every possible question from a guy paranoid about doing ANYTHING to a bike that costs this much. It was truly a treat to deal with this company, and I felt very comfortable in investing in this product.

INSTALL:

TAB Slash Cuts (Black)...no baffles, K&N Intake, and TAB Fuel Controller.

From start to finish, it was about an hour...NO lie. Follow the instructions and it is smooth sailing. No kidding...caveman easy.

ONLY ISSUE (and it's NOT an issue): I just didn't know exactly where to put the fuel controller. It ended up on top of the battery...just to the left of center underneath the hole that the airbox cover fits into. Still easy to see, no problem.

I used program #7, as directed by Todd.

An hour after starting the install, I started it up, and damn....angels sung.

OH! I'm in Albuquerque, NM...5300 feet above sea level. NO issues. Smooth.

Loud. No question. But, that's what I wanted. I didn't even consider baffles...that's why I wanted to mod the pipes in the first place. Stock is too quiet for me. And, it was the only thing about the bike that I didn't like when I looked at it...it just didn't flow, just me though.

That's that. Great transaction, great customer service, great product. Well made.

Any questions, give me a holler.

Cheers!

er...motorcycles.....fuelers....slashcuts.....what? The booby pic threw me man..... :spank:

·
Registered
186 Posts
I agree, 100%, Todd is great and I love my TAB rolled pipes for my DX.

I installed the fueler "brain box" just under the left triangular wire harness cover, the one with the mesh on the DX and slots on other models. This way, I can take the cover off and have easy access to the fueler if I need to make adjustments. Plus, in this position, it doesn't rub against anything.

·
Registered
3 Posts
how much was the whole package w/ shipping? Does one always need to get a "fueler" or something of the sort anytime you do a slip-on exhuast mod with a new intake filter?? (newbee here) From what I've been reading from everyone here, most have the PCIII or something of the sort. Is a PCIII and the TAB "fueler" the same thing? Advantages/Disadvatages?? You all rock and I apprecaite you allowing me to PICK PICK your brains! Thanks!

·
Registered
254 Posts
I had the same experience, but asked Todd not to put the TAB logo on the pipes, no problem... just looks cleaner this way.

I did get the removeable baffles on my slash cut pipes... but they sound just about as loud as with no pipes running right off the headers....

The only problem I had was trying to fish the wiring from the left side of the bike to the right underneath the throttle body, its not hard, just tedious trying to fish it through...

Here's something to keep in mind, kinda freaked me out... Washed my bike well, used a leaf blower to dry it mostly off, then used towels to dry the rest.

Went inside for a quick shower, then back out for a ride 20 minutes later...

The bike was very sporadic, like it was running on one cylinder, no power, I thought maybe I got water in the airbox since I went topless... stopped on the side of the road, all was well, but the Tab tuner light wasnt on.

Water shorted the circuitry somehow... I literally blew on the connectors to the fuel injectors and all was well.

So, after washing your bike, be sure to blow dry the fuel injector connectors very well!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts