Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I install a set of TAB rolled pipes, the TAB fueler and a K&N. (http://tabperformance.com)

$499 for everything shipped and on my doorstep in 2 days.

The Good: Look great, sound great, price is right, TAB customer service is top notch. Easy install, less than 90 minutes for everything. The low RPM (1200-3500) is outstanding and there is definitely a noticeable difference in low-end torque.

** An uploaded sound clip would not do the pipes justice, the rolling lows emitted from the barrels are intoxicating and would not come through in an audio recording **

"They" will definitely hear you coming with these slip-ons. :twisted:

I had force shorties on my 2002 VRSCA and these sound a LOT better, probably due to the extra barrel volume.

The Bad: Not much except that I'm not happy with the 6500-8000RPM range using the recommended settings on the fueler and may do some pots tweaking. And I didn't get a TAB T-Shirt for buying the package. :stilpoke:

Overall: :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb: (5/5)

My expectations were exceeded and I highly recommend the products.

Notes: I installed the fueler "brain box" running it over the battery and through the left part of the frame to reset comfortably underneath the left frame cover (meshed triangle cover). A great place for easy access and if you're tuning you can just take the cover off and stop on the side of the road to make adjustments. Kudos to H-D for letting us view and manage engine codes from the LCD. If you install this kit and throw a P0122 like I did, just check your connections.

Oh, this one is big but addressed if you read the instructions addendum (My method has always been "when all else fails, read the instructions" but I never claimed to be a rocket scientist): The fueler's wiring harness connectors, the two that match up to the bike's injectors, the rear connector seems to naturally go in upside down, i.e., the inputs would be reversed. It's an easy mistake to make if you don't read the notes. Just match the wire colors per the included addendum and all is well.

Epiphany: Did you know that you don't have to remove those square clips from the wire connectors? You can just push them in and the clip will release? I've been yanking them off until I realized, lol.

Attachments

·
Registered
49 Posts
I never thought I would say this ... but I think that bike is too black ...

Looks great ... price is right too

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
Looks good!!

·
EVL-1
257 Posts
Nice looking ride...!
I am waiting for my TAB system as well...are there no way you could up a audio-clip afterall?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There's a couple on here somewhere but they don't do the pipes justice. Probably due to all the low rumbles. I don't have anything that would record it worth a damn anyway. You'll like the sound.

·
Pulling your strings
859 Posts
I got my slash cuts today and I'll put them on when I get off work. I can't wait to hear them! $469 shipped.

Their customer service alone is reason enough for me to be happy. Todd is a great guy.

·
LOS ANGELES
1,757 Posts
mdc said:
I never thought I would say this ... but I think that bike is too black ...

Looks great ... price is right too
You racist... lol

·
Registered
49 Posts
I'm not racist ... I hate everyone equally :p

·
A Beautiful Country
181 Posts
Those are the first after market pipe I have seen that I liked. I have seen pictures, on here, of some of the monstrosities others have installed, and I can't help but wonder why in the hell would they ruin this beautiful bike like that. Like they say, to each their own.

I am not sure I am going to do an exhaust mod, but if I do, those or TAB's slash cuts, will be the ones I would choose.

Waiting for the right pipe to come onto the market was a really good thing. Your bike looks great. And it sure as hell ain't too black...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts