Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Juice
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I have my tab pipes installed on my muscle. They sound great but want it a bit louder. I know Tab used to make a 2.5 baffle which they do not do anymore. So im thinking of removing my baffles.

Does anybody have a sound clip of what it sounds like on a muscle with no baffles? Is it too loud? Any help is appreciated.

·
Juice
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Does anybody have the 2.5 baffle from Tab they want to sell? Also heard Big City Thunder makes a great baffle for the muscle. Any suggestions?

·
MikeD
42 Posts
I have tab turnouts w/o baffles on my 02. I thought they were loud as hell until I rode with other non vrod harleys with drag pipes. Now I realize that the tabs are only super loud at wide open throttle and at high rpm's. At that point, they are louder than those guys with drag pipes. But I did realize that I set off waaay more car alarms with my vmod pipes than I do with the tabs.

·
Juice
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bumping to get some more feedback. Thanks.

·
Registered
42 Posts
We've had several inquiries lately about the 2 1/2" Baffles so we are thinking about making a few sets up. Thought I'd try to gauge the interest level out there before I do a production run on them, so if this is something you're interested in please let us know.

Thanks,

TAB Performance

·
Juice
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We've had several inquiries lately about the 2 1/2" Baffles so we are thinking about making a few sets up. Thought I'd try to gauge the interest level out there before I do a production run on them, so if this is something you're interested in please let us know.

Thanks,

TAB Performance
Im definitely interested in it. How much of a louder sound would it be?

·
Registered
42 Posts
On a 1-10 scale we usually say that stock pipes would be a 1 or 2, the factory 2" baffle would be a 6 or 7, the 2 1/2" is going to be around 8 or 9 and the non-baffled would be a 10.

·
Juice
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
On a 1-10 scale we usually say that stock pipes would be a 1 or 2, the factory 2" baffle would be a 6 or 7, the 2 1/2" is going to be around 8 or 9 and the non-baffled would be a 10.
Awesome. When will they be available? Im dying to get a pair. Also will I have to remap my bike again or can I get away with it since it's just a bigger baffle?

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Tab, Im in for a set, but I too would like to know do I need to re-tune or not enough to matter, I did a Master Tune and Airbox...

·
Juice
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have a SE super tuner but thinking about buying the autotuner and selling the SE super tuner.

·
Registered
42 Posts
2 1/2" Baffles now available

Just wanted to let you all know that the 2 1/2" baffles are now available for sale on the website: www.tabperformance.com. For anyone who's interested. To answer a few of the other questions if you have a TAB Fuel manager all you'll need to do is change it to MAP #5. If you have a TAB Auto Tuner you don't need to do anything. If you have any other type of Fuel Manager/Tuner you may be able to get away with not having it re-tuned but if you really want your bike to perform optimally you'll definitely want to.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts