Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it just me, or am I just getting used to the sound of the TAB pipes? They were loud as heck when I first got them, and now they seem to be getting quieter... not on WOT, but just general riding, they dont seem "as loud"? Can the build up of carbon on the inside of the baffles mellow them out to a certain degree? Just my experience?

Also, just ordered the Boss-Noss system yesterday :) I should have it installed by the end of next weekend, now if I can just find someplace to fill it! I went with the 40 shot.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Just a figment of your imagination. They sound the same today as they did the day you put them on. One of the things I love about them is cruising through town and setting off the same car alarms every time I'm back in town and going into town to lunch. Driving down the mainstreet of a town with only 2 lanes and 4 traffic lights makes life worth living. The turnouts make the exhaust sound 10 feet tall between the buildings.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I put the tab slascuts on my 08 dx today just to hear them. OMG! I love them my bud who rides a nighttrain with straights loves the sound too. I had to take it through town to hear it ricochet off of the buildings. But, then I brought the bike home and put the stock cans back on. Until I can find a race tuner/fuel manager that can handle my o2 sensors, I'm running stock.

Quick questions: Does the inner airbox cover on the 07 dx have a sensor and wires running to it? Mine does and I wonder what happens to these wires/sensor when I go topless?

Thanks.

·
Registered
68 Posts
That would be strange to me if they got quieter. I know my screamin eagles on my FLSTSI got louder as I put more and more miles on them. My Dad has the exact bike and setup but with less miles and mine slowly got louder than his as I got 1000's of miles more on them. I guess just from blowing out the glass.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts