Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question: Will I lose performance with the TAB slash cuts on my 2008 DX? I plan to put the pipes on permanently as well as the high flow air filter when a tuner becomes available for my bike. I'll also have it dyno'ed. Saying all that, will I still have the get-up-and-go she has now?

·
Registered
254 Posts
Same get up and go you have Now? I wouldnt think so.

You should have more!

I havent dyno'd my '07 yet, waiting til I get the NOS hooked up... but I could tell right away I had more HP and torque at the rear wheel by using the TAB pipes, Tuner, KN air filter, and going topless!

·
Registered
332 Posts
Mark Ducati said:
Same get up and go you have Now? I wouldnt think so.

You should have more!

I havent dyno'd my '07 yet, waiting til I get the NOS hooked up... but I could tell right away I had more HP and torque at the rear wheel by using the TAB pipes, Tuner, KN air filter, and going topless!
:them:
I noticed the increase right away.
I just wish I could afford the NOS Too !!!!!! Sometime in the future !!!

·
Banned
868 Posts
I lost between 5 & 8 hp with the tabs from stock but also lost about 20+ lbs of weight. The bike rides better and sounds better and runs great on the street.
I'm going to juice it at the track so I ain't gonna misses the horses anyway.
Dana

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all the reassurement. The reason I ask is because I put the tab slash cuts on and the bike ran like shit. I didn't use a fuel manager/race tuner or new air filter. It sounded like a dream, but all the pep was gone. I just ran it for a few miles before taking them back off. I got my filter. I'm waiting on a race tuner for the 08's. I'll put everything back on and get it tuned when the tuner comes in. Until then, it's stockers. Man, it really has me worried the amount of power I lost just by swapping the cans.

·
Registered
161 Posts
fafafooey said:
Thanks for all the reassurement. The reason I ask is because I put the tab slash cuts on and the bike ran like shit. I didn't use a fuel manager/race tuner or new air filter. It sounded like a dream, but all the pep was gone. I just ran it for a few miles before taking them back off. I got my filter. I'm waiting on a race tuner for the 08's. I'll put everything back on and get it tuned when the tuner comes in. Until then, it's stockers. Man, it really has me worried the amount of power I lost just by swapping the cans.
Don't worry about the tab's, you just screwed up your intire setting,air and fuel you just need a fuel manager to get it right again. I noticed right away that even the stock setting is to pour, you just need a better map.

·
Banned
868 Posts
danasmith69 said:
I lost between 5 & 8 hp with the tabs from stock but also lost about 20+ lbs of weight. The bike rides better and sounds better and runs great on the street.
Dana
I'd like to clarify my previous statement. I lost 5-8hp when I replaced my stock cans which had been drilled, K&N air filter, topless, PCIII mapped for each cylinder. I lost hp from those settings. The TABS are actually higher hp than bone stock with no changes.
It doesn't sound as bad said that way. I really like the look and sound and even painted my heat shields black to match.
Dana

·
insane vrod posse...
2,018 Posts
20 pounds....no problemo!

danasmith69 said:
Dana

I could loose 20 pounds if I would lay off Mickey D's...... :goof:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Is there a noticable performance difference between the baffled and non-baffled tab slash cuts? I'm still deciding which way to go.

·
Registered
276 Posts
i have the new tab "straight shots" ( my name for them) i feel that my low end torque/acceleration is much better. these are very loud WITH baffles. i doubt that there is a difference in measurable acceleration between baffled and non baffled. for me the baffles are a little more sane. but after all its just a matter of what you like. make sure you get the tab fueler and k&n filter.ive got some not so good pics in the gallery

1 - 13 of 13 Posts