Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
^^ I havent looked that hard but theres gotta be bike websites that are in the west coast. I bought a helmet from revzilla and its taking over a week to get here. Yes, I'm cheap, but sheesh, i should have just bought the helmet locally and not have to wait!

My only gripe with the arkapovic is the design of the cone shaped exhaust, doesnt really match the NRS imo.

Tab Performance has stellar customer service, Justin Pflanz has been great with advice and helping me out with a return for baffles I dont need for my slash cut.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Just weighing in to say that the Akra is the best exhaust in the market for this bike. If you can find them in stock, get them.

I even bought backup CF heatshields on ebay in case these get lost or scuffed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
As someone who went from Widows to an Akra pipe I can give you my 2 Cents for what its worth.

The Good.
The Akra is beautiful, with all her curves in all the right places.
The tone is like music to my ears, not quite as loud as the Widows but still loud enough so that people know your there, and you could also get the quiet baffle if it's still too loud.
Getting rid of 30 lbs of weight off the side made a huge difference in handling.

The Bad.
TUNING... if you just got the stock 12mm O2 sensors and no access to a good Dyno Tuner then prepare for a bit of a headache. I have a Power Vision and even that was a chore to get a decent tune running with the 12mm sensors, topless with a HF air filter. After a few weeks I got fed up and reached out to this community for some assistance, and got a tune that has been working well but I have since ordered a new Target Tune from FuelMoto with the 18mm O2 sensors.
If you don't get the headers ceramic coated it will be hot, there is a lot of exposed pipe. Your tune will also have a big effect on heat. I have mine coated inside and out and with my crappy tune it was still very hot, better now that I have a better tune.
It doesn't appear that Akrapovic is making this exhaust anymore. If you go on their website it is only found in the Archives section. Hopefully I'm wrong but that may be the reason you can't find it.

I was in the same situation as yourself wanting to go with a cleaner looking 2-1 that wasn't obnoxiously loud and was a bit different than what everyone else had. I couldn't be happier with the Akra, even though we did't get along so well at first, I still would have chosen her but I would have been better prepared for the tuning that was required.

Good luck with whatever you choose.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts