Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i recently got the tab turnout with a fuel manager installed it on my 06 D and it seems to run fine but i feel like i might be running rich.
theres some black staining on the top side of the tubes and its smells alot like unburnt fuel there's a tiny bit of bogging in 2-3k rpm range otherwise its perfect and crazy loud.
im not comfortable messing with the tuner with out some more info tho was hoping some one here has done the install and can help me out

·
Registered
68 Posts
It sounds like it's probably just about ideal. And better rich than lean. I have tabs with SE filter and had HD SEPRT done at dealer and mine is about the same.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a 2006 vrscd and it it sputters while just cruising and wont rev real high. I bought it with the TAB fuel tuner and non baffled pipes. it runs really rich too. I don't know what to do

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a 2006 vrscd and it it sputters while just cruising and wont rev real high. I bought it with the TAB fuel tuner and non baffled pipes. it runs really rich too. I don't know what to do
okay let me try to help you, i installed my kit with little problems
not to undermine you but are you sure you put the front harness on the front and the back on the back?
did you put the map dial to number 8? ( the manual says that it must be at number 8 for non baffled pipes on the 06 vrscd) it sounds like your running really rich so once you have double checked those things.
start bringing the fuel down. on the lower rev range until it seems right. them move on to the next.im sorry i cant help more maybe some one else has more info but i didnt mess with it too much

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks for the help. I bought the bike used with the TAB system on it. The mapping is set to 8. I will check to see if it is hooked up right. I would like to set the 3 dials back to default settings but can't see the dots between the cross hairs and where is the default setting?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the help. I bought the bike used with the TAB system on it. The mapping is set to 8. I will check to see if it is hooked up right. I would like to set the 3 dials back to default settings but can't see the dots between the cross hairs and where is the default setting?
ill take mine out today and take some pictures see if that helps

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so its two tiny little dots they look like they are painted indentations on the dial if the paint has worn try and look for the indentations

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Great pic of the tuner dials, I can see how they are supposed to be. I can barley see the dots on mine but was able to 0 them out. Took the bike out and still have that sputter.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Great pic of the tuner dials, I can see how they are supposed to be. I can barley see the dots on mine but was able to 0 them out. Took the bike out and still have that sputter.
okay so the dial for low is 0-2999
mid is 3000-5999
high is 6000-9000 so
find where it sputters the most and bring it back of the fuel one tic see if that helps if it does great if not maybe add fuel? but it sounds like its rich still

also it gives a website for trouble shooting id try and look at that if tuning ist helping www.tabperformance.com
or their email [email protected]
you can call them at 1(888) 822-0070
hope somthing works, let me know how it goes i dont know much but ill help as much as i can

·
Registered
6 Posts
okay so the dial for low is 0-2999
mid is 3000-5999
high is 6000-9000 so
find where it sputters the most and bring it back of the fuel one tic see if that helps if it does great if not maybe add fuel? but it sounds like its rich still

also it gives a website for trouble shooting id try and look at that if tuning ist helping www.tabperformance.com
or their email [email protected]
you can call them at 1(888) 822-0070
hope somthing works, let me know how it goes i dont know much but ill help as much as i can
Yes it is running rich, black soot on the spark plugs and tail pipes.
I have tried leaning out one notch on the low and mid dials and in ran like crap right away.

·
Registered
6 Posts
so how did it go? did you figure it out
NO! My battery went bad so I replaced that last weekend. A guy wrote to me and said it could be the temp sensor, it thinks its still warming up and wont rev past 7k and runs rich which sounds right but I don't know how to check it and don't know where the sensor is. I have been trying to research this and had no luck.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts