Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got off the phone with Todd at TAB Performance (tabperformance.com). Super nice guy, very helpful, took time to answer all of my questions thoroughly.

I called to order a set of slash-cuts for my DX and he told me he had new rolled pipes to match the DX so I ordered them instead. He also let me order them without the TAB logo (thanks Todd).

I'll post more when I get everything. I ordered the pipes, his fueler, and an air filter.

- Bill

·
Registered
488 Posts
With or without baffles?

·
Registered
254 Posts
What do you mean "Rolled Pipes"?

I thought only two styles were available... Slash Cut and Turn Out?

·
Dark Knight
1,505 Posts
I believe that means the edge of the can is rolled in and not a straight edge.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mark Ducati said:
What do you mean "Rolled Pipes"?

I thought only two styles were available... Slash Cut and Turn Out?
They aren't slash cut or turned-out, just straight with a rolled end. Look on the website, but in chrome. He has black/denim coated versions not on the website -- these are the ones I ordered (without the TAB logo).

No baffles.

·
Registered
488 Posts
You're very right... Todd is awesome and treated me just as good as I think he did you.

Louuuud! You'll like it.

I heard the fuel tuner is a warranty issue... I'd go with the PCIII instead.

·
I'm 'avin hoops
695 Posts
KemahNightrod said:
You're very right... Todd is awesome and treated me just as good as I think he did you.

Louuuud! You'll like it.

I heard the fuel tuner is a warranty issue... I'd go with the PCIII instead.
Were your's baffled or non baffled Jonathan? Did you get a copy of your map?

·
Paladan_99
67 Posts
Tab

I got a set of baffled TAB's last night ( no more :moped:) and got them hooked up today. They sound so sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet. Anyhow I called up San Jacinto dealership :broke: because I have heard all kinds of different stories regarding the bikes warranty becoming void with non HD pipes. I was told that as long as you to the three (Pipes, manager, air) and the problem is not directly related with something that could have been caused by the pipes, manager or air they will cover it, regardless of brand. For now I will keep the TAB fuel manager it seems to be working well, we will see.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I did have to tune the low/mid/high a bit for better transition. I'm on map #8, 20%, 15%, 15% on the pots. Runs smooth as silk and transitions great.

If you want the standard H-D pipe popping, put your low at 0% and the mid at 15% and it will pop all day.

·
Registered
1 Posts
If I want to use these tab slip ons, do I have to get a download or put in a fuel management system? How bout an air filter? I just got my O7 v'rod and am trying to decide what to do about the exhaust. I was disappointed to find out there is not a supertrapp for the 07. Basically, I know crap about bikes, and am looking for the sound of a harley and looks more than racing performance. I also am concerned about warrenty and affecting the longevity of the bike. Any advice would be greatly apprecieated. Thanks.
Joe

·
Paladan_99
67 Posts
Todd at TAB performance has a complete setup with Slip-ons, fuel manager and air. You can find it here. http://www.tabperformance.com/
Best part is that if you have questions just send him a mail, he usually reposed very quickly and if you search 1130 for TAB he comes very, very highly recommended.

·
Registered
322 Posts

·
insane vrod posse...
2,018 Posts
Kieron said:
Were your's baffled or non baffled Jonathan? Did you get a copy of your map?

TAB emailed me back stating no baffles on the roll your owns... :D

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The rolled end pipes aren't disturbingly loud like the slash cuts. They have a deeper rumble however when you get above 5500 RPM they sound like an Indy race car.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Any pics of the rolled pipes on your bike?

·
Registered
254 Posts
I hear ya about the noise from the slash cut pipes... when I really get on mine WOT, it hurts my ears. For a long trip, I think I'll be putting some of my shooting ear plugs in.

·
Freedom Isn't Free
12 Posts
Is there really that much difference between the rolled and the slash cut pipes?

Do they both have baffles?

I'll be home from Iraq in a month and need to get the pipes changed. Seriously considering the TAB pipes.

·
Registered
322 Posts
From my undertsanding through emails w/ Todd and this thread, only the slash cuts are available with baffles. The rolled pipes and the turnouts are not available with baffles. Make sure to email Todd since, as of last week, he was low on stock.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts